Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hello, all.  In a single user test , what’s the maximum number/limit of requests that could be sent to the virtual service until there is a spike in response times?

• 1.  Hello, all.  In a single user test , what’s the maximum number/limit of requests that could be sent to the virtual service until there is a spike in response times?

Posted Dec 18, 2018 06:15 PM

In a non-performance mode environment, we are trying to send about 10,000 requests with single user for one of the servicest and see significant increase in response times. Is there a maximum requests number that would not have the performance bottleneck/issue with a virtual service?

• 2.  Re: Hello, all.  In a single user test , what’s the maximum number/limit of requests that could be sent to the virtual service until there is a spike in response times?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 02:14 AM

A functional VSE is capped at 10 transactions per second. So, theorethically if nothing else is testing against this VSE then your testcase would take about 16 minutes to complete. Is that your experience? 

• 3.  Re: Hello, all.  In a single user test , what’s the maximum number/limit of requests that could be sent to the virtual service until there is a spike in response times?

Posted Dec 19, 2018 03:45 PM

I asked the person who I was asking the question for and they said that was the case.  They are going to investigate a bit further and pull back on the number of transactions sent.  Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Hello, all.  In a single user test , what’s the maximum number/limit of requests that could be sent to the virtual service until there is a spike in response times?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 05:49 AM

Also, just FYI, when the transaction throughput exceeds 10 transactions per second and the VSE starts to throttle the throughput you will find a message (I believe a WARNING) in the VSE.log stating this.

Cheers,

Danny