Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone know on generating the test result logs for the tests executed in Jenkins using CA Lisa Service Virtualisation Plugin?

Posted Feb 18, 2019 04:00 AM

Hi all,

Need some help on generating the test result logs.

Use-case: When I run the tests in Jenkins using CA Service Virtualisation Plugin, tests are executing fine and able to see the simple test report shows which test cases are pass and fail.

When we run the tests in interactive mode, detailed logs will get created in the Logs directory of the project.

In the similar way would it be possible get the full log results in Jenkins?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Satish 

• 2.  Re: Does anyone know on generating the test result logs for the tests executed in Jenkins using CA Lisa Service Virtualisation Plugin?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2019 04:13 AM

Hi Satish,

Irrespective of where you execute the test cases, the test result logs can be monitored/viewed from Portal.

Portal -> Monitor (from left pane) -> Tests: This will display all the running tests. Select an appropriate test for more details.

Does this helps?

• 3.  Re: Does anyone know on generating the test result logs for the tests executed in Jenkins using CA Lisa Service Virtualisation Plugin?

Posted Feb 20, 2019 05:10 AM

Thanks for the message.

I am looking for a solution to generate logs in Jenkins build itself along with test report.

For example, when we run the tests in ITR mode, we will get the logs in the Logs directory.

Can we do the same via Jenkins?

Regards,

Satish

• 4.  Re: Does anyone know on generating the test result logs for the tests executed in Jenkins using CA Lisa Service Virtualisation Plugin?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2019 06:34 AM

Hello Satish,

if I rephrase your question - you would like to run test or test suite from Jenkins and besides the basic report you would also like to get back the log which will be then available in Jenkins workspace or as a Jenkins run output in console. Is my understanding correct?

This is currently not supported in Jenkins plugin. But we will add it to the backlog of features considered for future plugin updates. Just please clarify if our understanding above is correct.

Regards

Petr Vlasek

• 5.  Re: Does anyone know on generating the test result logs for the tests executed in Jenkins using CA Lisa Service Virtualisation Plugin?

Posted Feb 20, 2019 09:35 AM

Many thanks, Petr.

Yes, this is exactly what I need.

Able to see the logs in the Jenkins build workspace.

Is there any way to follow the status of the backlog created for the Jenkins plugin or what is coming in next release?

Regards,

Venkata

• 6.  Re: Does anyone know on generating the test result logs for the tests executed in Jenkins using CA Lisa Service Virtualisation Plugin?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 02:22 AM

Hi Venkata,

For what's coming next: see the following video on Continuous Testing Roadmap and Strategy by Steve Feloney, Head of Product Management, presented on 20 Feb.

Broadcom Continuous Testing: Roadmap and Strategy 

Regards,

Giri