Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  VS is unresponsive during the load tests

Posted Jan 24, 2019 08:25 AM

Hi Team,

During the load tests, even though the VS is up and running, it's not sending any response. Due to this all the incoming requests are failing with read timeout exception error.

When I checked in the logs, i couldn't find any error messages or the request messages.

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Note: This behavior is only on during the load tests and type of requests are HTTP/S.

Only If I, restart the VS/ VSE then it's sending the responses.

• 2.  Re: VS is unresponsive during the load tests

Posted Jan 24, 2019 09:38 AM

This issue brings up a lot of questions. It is probably best to open a ticket and let someone from Support look at your environment and situation. When you open the ticket, add in the usual answers to the ticket.  What version of DevTest, what operating system, if you are running a performance VSE, etc. and if you can demo the situation to support.  All of this and more will be helpful.  

• 3.  Re: VS is unresponsive during the load tests

Posted Jan 31, 2019 10:41 AM

We have been experiencing similar issues.  Working with Support we have modified vmoptions (allocate more memory)  and local.properties files.  I believe it all started with DevTest 10.3.  Also check your vse.log files for ERROR messages.  We found a virtual service with a 10 second response time which added to our issues.

• 4.  RE: Re: VS is unresponsive during the load tests

Posted Jul 20, 2021 03:15 PM
    How did you resolve the issue?