Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  DT 10.4 IAM Changes to Support LISA_JAVA_HOME?

Posted Feb 19, 2019 08:46 AM

In DevTest 10.4, the IdentityAccessManager is now a required component.

I have a Windows server that points the JAVA_HOME environment variable to JDK 1.6. 

When IAM starts (command line version), the process immediately terminates, and no information is placed in the IAM\standalone log file.

I believe the standalone.bat file may be the culprit as it sets the JAVA variable to %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.

I should be able to use LISA_JAVA_HOME to point to the JDK 1.8.

Before I make my own adjustments, has anyone re-worked IAM's standalone.bat file to utilize the LISA_JAVA_HOME environment variable to override JAVA_HOME?  If so, can you upload the .bat file so I can check syntax and approach.

Incidentally, this points out a mismatch in DevTest and IAM startup behavior.

I would have expected IAM and DT to share identical start-up behavior (i.e., recognizing LISA_JAVA_HOME as an  override of JAVA_HOME).

• 2.  Re: DT 10.4 IAM Changes to Support LISA_JAVA_HOME?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2019 09:24 AM

Please refer to this documentation.

Identity and Access Manager - DevTest Solutions - 10.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Please refer to this section:

IAM and JAVA_HOME

To run Identity and Access Manager in an environment without JAVA_HOME defined, you must modify standalone.sh in the bin folder. Failure to make this change prevents IAM from starting and results in the following error:

========================================================================= 
    JBoss Bootstrap Environment 
    JBOSS_HOME: /home/dc-user/CA/DevTest/IdentityAccessManager 
    JAVA: java 
    JAVA_OPTS: -server -Djboss.http.port=51112 -Djboss.https.port=51111 -Djboss.bind.address.management=0.0.0.0 -Djboss.bind.address=0.0.0.0 -Diam.truststore=../iam-truststore.ks -Diam.truststore.pass=passphrase -Dkeycloak.migration.action=import -Dkeycloak.migration.provider=iam-updater -Dkeycloak.migration.dir=../realms-to-import -Dkeycloak.migration.strategy=IGNORE_EXISTING -Diam.version=1.2.0 
    ========================================================================= 

To correct this error, open standalone.sh in the IdentityAccessManager/bin folder of your installation directory and make the following change.

# Setup the JVM
    if [ "x$JAVA" = "x" ]; then
       if [ "x$JAVA_HOME" != "x" ]; then
           JAVA="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java"
       else
           JAVA="java"

Change JAVA=”java” to JAVA="../../jre/bin/java".

• 3.  Re: DT 10.4 IAM Changes to Support LISA_JAVA_HOME?

Posted Feb 19, 2019 09:58 AM

Thanks MarcyNunns.  Will check it out.

I will have to go a slightly different route since JAVA_HOME is defined. It just points to a 1.6 version of the JDK.