Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

mule service virtualization

• 1.  mule service virtualization

Posted 02-25-2019 06:58 PM

Hi ,

I am trying to virtualize Mule service which has endpoint like https://api-np.sp.com. After configuring the host on devtest, and when triggering the virtual service, I am getting below error on the workstation - virtual service image recorder.

java.net.UnknownHostException: https://api-np.sp.com
     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:184)
     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:172)
     at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
     at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:668)
     at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(SSLSocketImpl.java:427)
     at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(SSLSocketFactoryImpl.java:88)
     at com.itko.lisa.web.tcpproxy.SSLFactoryImpl.createClientSocket(SSLFactoryImpl.java:422)
     at com.itko.lisa.web.tcpproxy.DualSocketFactory.createClientSocket(DualSocketFactory.java:92)
     at com.itko.lisa.web.tcpproxy.AbstractTCPProxyEngine.launchThreadPair(AbstractTCPProxyEngine.java:390)
     at com.itko.lisa.web.tcpproxy.PortForwarderTCPProxyEngine.run(PortForwarderTCPProxyEngine.java:117)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• 2.  Re: mule service virtualization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 02-25-2019 11:41 PM

"UnknownHostException", this is an OS issue and not a DevTest issue. Your laptop or desktop on which you are running the Workstation cannot resolve the hostname  api-np.sp.com into an IP address.

(I am assuming you run the workstation on a Windows machine) If you open a DOS command prompt and run the command: ping api-np.sp.com it will probably come back with 'Request timed out'.

If so you need to ask the network system administrators to fix the DNS.

If you know the IP address yourself then you can configure the workstation with that address instead of the hostname

if you know the IP address and you have administrator rights on your system then you can edit the Windows' host file and add an entry in there, then you can use the hostname again in the recorder

Cheers,

Dannny