Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  "Failed to save persistent preferences..." - What is this error and how can I avoid it?

Posted May 08, 2019 04:06 PM

We see this same error every 60 seconds. I have not found any documentation that can point me in the right direction on understanding and dealing with this issue. You can see the log output below: 

2019-05-08 19:57:15,322Z (14:57) [Event Sink Thread Pool Thread 2] ERROR com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaPrefs    - Failed to save persistent preferences...

java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\DevTest\lisatmp_10.4.0\devtestprefs_8_Backup -> C:\DevTest\lisatmp_10.4.0\devtestprefs_8

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:83)

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:97)

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.copy(WindowsFileCopy.java:205)

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.copy(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:278)

at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:1274)

at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaPrefs.savePersistentPrefs(LisaPrefs.java:522)

at com.itko.lisa.vse.stateful.LicenseEnforcer$1.pulse(LicenseEnforcer.java:79)

at com.itko.util.Pulse.execPulse(Pulse.java:521)

at com.itko.util.Pulse.eventReceipt(Pulse.java:491)

at com.itko.util.EventThread.execEvents(ThreadedEventSink.java:79)

at com.itko.util.EventThread.run(ThreadedEventSink.java:59)

• 2.  Re: "Failed to save persistent preferences..." - What is this error and how can I avoid it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2019 07:15 AM

HI Jack

This happens when the user in whose context the registry process is started has not enough permissions. Please check the permissions of the user to see if the user has read/write access to: C:\DevTest\lisatmp_10.4.0\ folder.

Btw, you wouldnt find anything in documentation about this situation because Saving Portal user preferences is an internal logic.

regards

Sankar

• 3.  Re: "Failed to save persistent preferences..." - What is this error and how can I avoid it?

Posted May 10, 2019 10:46 AM

I am an admin on all of our servers that run various DevTest components and have confirmed access to that folder. I never tried saving any preferences in the Portal. Is that done automatically when a user is logged into the portal?

• 4.  Re: "Failed to save persistent preferences..." - What is this error and how can I avoid it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2019 07:18 AM

Btw, could you confirm the log file name. If this is in vse.log file, then I would expect the user context for the VSE service to have read/write access to the folder: C:\DevTest\lisatmp_10.4.0\

-Sankar

• 5.  Re: "Failed to save persistent preferences..." - What is this error and how can I avoid it?

Posted May 10, 2019 10:42 AM

Yes, this was coming from the VSE log.