Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Issues with TCP virtualization by recording

Posted Apr 18, 2019 10:51 AM

I am facing issues while working on service virtualization over TCP as the transport protocol.

Open Questions:

1. What data protocol can be used for TCP Virtualization, when input is in HEX format?
    2. I am not able to see anything in the Request_Data under the VSI.

Please help if there is any documentation on it and also on the above questions.

• 2.  Re: Issues with TCP virtualization by recording

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2019 01:57 AM

Hi,

For TCP Virtualization to work successfully, you need to first get a good idea of the following:

1. How are the data packets delimited ?

2. What kind of data is being sent ? Is it Text ? If text, is it JSON, XML ?

Devtest product has wide range of options when it comes to dealing with the data delimiters and handing of your data protocol, but you need to be clear about how your backend TCP service deals with the data.

Once you have found out the rudimentary details, you would go about recording and if necessary use one or more data protocols to interpret the request and response. 

I have a working example with TCP Virtualization documented here: Cascading Data Protocol Handlers - Working Example with TCP Virtualization.pdf 

IN this example, the backend treats the data as XML text. You would also find the necessary java programs that simulate a TCP Server and Client in the documents section of this community.

PLease try it out and let me know if you have any further questions.

-Sankar

• 3.  Re: Issues with TCP virtualization by recording

Posted May 16, 2019 08:17 PM
    • May data is in bytes wherein i am converting it in ASCII using the scriptable DPH.