Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How to refer External jars when execute the CA dev test through command line

Posted May 22, 2018 02:39 PM

Hi All

I am new to using the CA Dev Test, appreciate if some one can help me on the below issue

I have some external jars which I placed in HotDeploy folder for my tests to run , when I run the test through command line arguments , getting class not found exception , which means my jar is not referred while doing the execution through command line

Below the command I am using for my execution in my batch file

c:
    "C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\bin\TestRunner.exe" -u ****** -p **** -t "C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\Unifi\Tests\MOBO-LoanCreationTestCases\MOBO_WithoutBorrower.tst" -m tcp://*****/Registry -a -config "C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\Unifi\Configs\project.config" -html "C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\Unifi\Reports.html"

My jar is located in

C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\hotDeploy

When I run the MOBO_WithoutBorrower.tst from CA Dev Test work station , Its working fine as expected.

• 2.  Re: How to refer External jars when execute the CA dev test through command line
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 03:08 PM

Hi,

It looks like you're trying to execute your test on a remote machine.  You need to copy your jar file to the "hotDeploy" folder of the remote machine where the DevTest server is hosted.

--Mike

• 3.  Re: How to refer External jars when execute the CA dev test through command line

Posted May 22, 2018 07:06 PM

Thanks Mike, If I want to run the test on my local machine itself , Could you please let me know what needs to be modified in the below command

c:
    "C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\bin\TestRunner.exe" -u ****** -p **** -t "C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\Unifi\Tests\MOBO-LoanCreationTestCases\MOBO_WithoutBorrower.tst" -m tcp://*****/Registry -a -config "C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\Unifi\Configs\project.config" -html "C:\DevTestProjectWorkSpace\Unifi\Reports.html"

I tried to remove the -m from the above , but its not running on local machine where my scripts and hotdeploy folder located , Appreciate your support