Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Assign port number & base path for virtual service created using RR pairs in DevTest Portal

Posted Aug 23, 2018 02:43 PM

I am trying to create virtual service from portal using RR pair and trying to assign the port and base path for the virtual service. 

Found the below CA article on how to do this. But i am seeing only "Http" option under protocol drop down and "VRS" is not an option in the list. 

How to set up port number and base path for a virt - CA Knowledge 

We are using CA DevTest v10.2 in Windows server 2012 R2. 

• 2.  Re: Assign port number & base path for virtual service created using RR pairs in DevTest Portal
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 23, 2018 04:15 PM

Go into Portal and Drag your R/R Pairs into the upload location.

Click the Continue Button

Look for the small cog Icon located next to HTTP and CLICK it.

Unlock the Port by CLICKing on the lock icon, enter the desired port number, and CLICK OK

Finish out the recording, apply additional configurations, etc.  When deployed, the service will show up in Monitor, VSE...

• 3.  Re: Assign port number & base path for virtual service created using RR pairs in DevTest Portal

Posted Aug 23, 2018 09:14 PM

Thanks J_NeSmith for the response. How to add the base path for the service ? 

I want to have the service end point like below.

http://HOST_NAME:PORT/Accounts/GetName

• 4.  Re: Assign port number & base path for virtual service created using RR pairs in DevTest Portal

Posted Aug 24, 2018 08:35 AM

I do not know in the case of the Portal.

• 5.  Re: Assign port number & base path for virtual service created using RR pairs in DevTest Portal

Posted Aug 24, 2018 09:07 AM

How to add the VRS file while creating the service from Portal as per the below knowledge base. Because i am not seeing the VRS option in the protocol drop down in the DevTest v10.2 portal.

How to set up port number and base path for a virt - CA Knowledge 

• 6.  Re: Assign port number & base path for virtual service created using RR pairs in DevTest Portal

Posted Aug 24, 2018 09:24 AM

Good question. I do not see the option to add a VRS in 10.3, unless it is implied the VRS contains the pointer to the R/R pairs.

Please open a ticket with CA Support for clarification.

But, please note that the link you posted seems to only be valid for the releases below. Perhaps, the feature was deprecated in 10.x. 

Releases
    • CA Service Virtualization:Release:9.5
    • CA Service Virtualization:Release:8.5
    • CA Service Virtualization:Release:8.4
    • CA Service Virtualization:Release:8.3
    • CA Service Virtualization:Release:8.2
    • CA Service Virtualization:Release:8.1

• 7.  Re: Assign port number & base path for virtual service created using RR pairs in DevTest Portal

Posted Aug 24, 2018 10:38 AM

Thank you. I will open a ticket for more details.