Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Need help with Data driven VS where a request arguement is not matched.

Posted Jun 18, 2018 09:19 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I am facing an issue when I am hitting a data driven VS from SOAP UI, the change or customization I have done is I have deleted one of the request payload's JSON element in the signature mapping as I want the value to be picked from the incoming request.
    Its a timestamp value and is expected to be current time of the request's application.

When I trigger the request I have only got 404 default message requesting me to expand the transactions. When I delete the timestamp element from the incoming payload the VS gives success response.

Please suggest a way I can solve this issue. I have attached the service mar file for reference.

Thanks,
    Sourav.

Attachment(s)

zip
    GEDVAP_Test.mar.zip   392 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Need help with Data driven VS where a request arguement is not matched.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 09:51 AM

In a DD VS, all request arguments need to be mapped in the Excel/CSV file. If all the request data arguments with values are not matched then, you will get a 404 not found.

The Excel file you shared has the below columns:

activityName,senderURI, userid, security, conversationID, requestID, cableModemMACAddress and embeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterMACAddress.

The VSI file has the below Request Data Arguments:

GetEmbeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterParametersRequest_cableModemMACAddress

GetEmbeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterParametersRequest_requestHeader_activityName

GetEmbeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterParametersRequest_requestHeader_conversationID

GetEmbeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterParametersRequest_requestHeader_requestID

GetEmbeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterParametersRequest_requestHeader_security

GetEmbeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterParametersRequest_requestHeader_senderURI

GetEmbeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterParametersRequest_requestHeader_userid

GetEmbeddedDigitalVoiceAdapterParametersRequest_requestHeader_requestTimestamp

If any of the above  request data arguments are not mapped to Excel columns and values are not matched then you get a "404 not found".

• 3.  Re: Need help with Data driven VS where a request arguement is not matched.

Posted Jun 19, 2018 06:12 AM

Agreed @Prema Gadde.

The point what Sourav is trying to make is - The time stamp field value is dynamic.

As part of Data Driven Approach - excel sheet will have some static data getting uploaded in the portal. If we change any thing in the excel then we might have to re-upload the excel sheet.

Now he has to have this Data-Driven VS and the excel sheet to be uploaded. How can we achieve this.

Can we download the mar file and add the Date Function after listener step in the VSM and pass it as argument ?
    Will that going to be help ?

I haven't tried but checking if this can be a workaround.

Thanks

Nikhil