Service Virtualization

• 1.  Can we browse IBM MQ queues from CA DevTest?

Posted 07-10-2018 12:15 PM

Greetings Team,

We have a requirement which is as follows

- The Source system publishes an XML with multiple entities details into IBM MQ inbound queue

- IBM WMB consumes the message, transforms it and creates individual XML for each entity from the incoming XML.

- These individual messages will be further pushed to the Output Queue

The problem is input XML usually have more than 10s of entities that results in 10 individual messages in the output queue. Each message has a unique entity ID

Is there a way to browse through the IBM MQ queue based on the entity ID in the message and verify the transformed messages from CA DevTest?

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Can we browse IBM MQ queues from CA DevTest?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 07-11-2018 12:29 AM

Hi,

What version of DevTest are you using?
    And if it is possible, could you please give us the example about these condition?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - The Source system publishes an XML with multiple entities details into IBM MQ inbound queue

- IBM WMB consumes the message, transforms it and creates individual XML for each entity from the incoming XML.

- These individual messages will be further pushed to the Output Queue
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: Can we browse IBM MQ queues from CA DevTest?
    Best Answer

Posted 07-11-2018 01:04 AM

I believe the answer is, "mostly yes".

You can browse messages on an IBM MQ Queue using the IBM MQ Native Send Receive step, I have a description of how to get started here: https://communities.ca.com/message/241873775?commentID=241873775#comment-241873775 

> based on the entity ID in the message

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  If you're asking if there's a way to "filter" messages so you only get one with some ID in the message body, then no.  You can't do that with IBM MQ Native.  You can, however, browse through all the messages on the queue in turn and look for whatever it is you're looking for.

• 4.  Re: Can we browse IBM MQ queues from CA DevTest?

Posted 07-11-2018 01:38 AM

Thanks, Kevin.

Yes, my intention was to filter messages based on some ID in the message body, since a single input XML results into multiple out XML.

Having said that, yes the other option of subscribing all the messages in sequence and then apply my assertions to verify the transformation rules against the intended output message is being done. 

Your inputs are much appreciated.