Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Is there any way to publish the service Catalog

Posted Jul 26, 2018 08:44 AM

Hi all,

Currently Im using DevTest V10.3 and I am able to access/view the service catalog  after executing the .exe file in my machine. Now I would like to publish the service catalogue details as report to public. As per my understanding, even if I share the service catalog link and common login they have to run the exe file to access/view the Service Catalog, but that cannot be possible for ever users.

Can you please suggest the way?Please correct if my understanding is wrong

Thank you

Rekha

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to publish the service Catalog

Posted Jul 26, 2018 12:00 PM

Hi Team, 

Can we run vscatalog.exe as a service like DevTest Components. If yes, could you please confirm this executable file will support as Windows Service. If this executable running as service, everybody can access it until the service stop running. 

Is there any specific reason that vscatalog is not build as Windows Services. Please advise. 

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to publish the service Catalog
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2018 12:06 PM

Dhanasekar,

Currently we do not support running as a Service on either Windows or Linux.

Not sure why we cannot run as a Service with this first release, I am sure product management will address in a future release.

~Marcy

• 4.  Re: Is there any way to publish the service Catalog

Posted Jul 27, 2018 05:48 AM

Hi Marcy, 

Thank you for your response. . .

• 5.  Re: Is there any way to publish the service Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 02:07 AM

To the question about "Is there any way to publish the service Catalog", here is my response; Virtual service catalog URL can be accessed by those who need to see all the running services. You just need to create necessary users in IAM with group membership as vsc-user. There is no need to install multiple copies of Virtual Service Catalog.

Please let me know if this answers your question. I am happy to provide a detailed response if required.

• 6.  Re: Is there any way to publish the service Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 10:19 AM

dhanasekar-s Correct Sankar is right for the first part - no need for all users to run the installer for Catalog. Once it is installed and configured to the Dashboard(s), please share the URL across your teams.

Rjeev - Correct the Service Catalog shipped with 10.3 does not have the Windows Service. However this will be taken care of in the next release of 10.4 where when you install 10.4, the Catalog will be upgrade-able and will also create a Windows Service.