Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Address already in Use Error in VSE

• 1.  Address already in Use Error in VSE

Posted Aug 06, 2018 09:54 AM

Hi Team,

When i deploy a VS to a VSE (Linux), it shows as running. But when we try to invoke it, immediately it goes offline with 10-15 errors showing "Address already in use"(java.net.BindException: Address already in use). But the port it uses, is not in use. Even restarting the CA Services did not solve the issue. 

NOTE: the same VSM when deployed in a different VSE(Windows) works just fine. I've attached the logs for your reference.

Attachment(s)

zip
    broker_out.log.zip   5 KB 1 version
    zip
    portal_err.log.zip   547 B 1 version
    zip
    portal_out.log.zip   659 B 1 version
    zip
    tcoord_out.log.zip   553 B 1 version
    zip
    treg_out.log.zip   6 KB 1 version
    zip
    tsim_out.log.zip   617 B 1 version
    zip
    vse_out.log.zip   585 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 10:15 AM

Which version of DevTest are you using? You said no other services are running on the same port. Did you try deploying to a different port? If not, please try it.

• 3.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Posted Aug 07, 2018 03:20 AM

DevTest Version is 10.1.0.

I've tried deploying on different ports, but the issue is the same.

But if I deploy on a port where a different service is running (different URL as well), then it works fine.

Eg: Service A is already running on port 8050 with URL /abc, and I deploy the above said Service (say Service B)on the same port 8050 whose URL is /xyz, it works fine. But deploying Service B on any other port where no other service is running, the above said behavior is observed.

• 4.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:25 PM

It's possible there's a Linux OS service on that port.  Use a tool like netstat to investigate which ports are in use.

--Mike

• 5.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Posted Aug 07, 2018 03:22 AM

Currently we don't have access to the environment. But i've tried deploying on multiple different ports, but the issue is the same.

• 6.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 12:32 PM

Try telnetting to the port.  If it connects, you know there's a something listening there.  If the connection is refused, there might be a permissions issue preventing DevTest from binding to the port.

--Mike

• 7.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Posted Aug 08, 2018 03:03 AM

When the VS is not deployed, Telnetting to the port (say 8005) does not connect. After i deploy, telnetting to the port connects successfully. Let me summarize my observations below.

VS URL - http://ServerDev:8005/ValidVSUrl

Test 1

VS Status: Running

Telnetting to 8005, connection successful. I closed the Telnet Connection

Test 2

Invoke the VS with an invalid URL - http://ServerDev:8005/InvalidUrl

Test 3

Invoke the VS with the correct URL - http://ServerDev:8005/ValidVSUrl

VS Status: Offline with multiple errors (each time a different number of errors)

• 8.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Posted Aug 06, 2018 05:59 PM

Have you tried deploying the virtual services to another port to see if that works? As Mike mentioned, it's possible and sounds like, the port is in use by another process on that server. Try deploying it to some other ports and see if you get the same issue or not.

• 9.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Posted Aug 07, 2018 06:13 PM

Sudarsun,

In the Listen step, do you have an assertion that loops back to the same step - Listen step?

Could you reproduce the issue and share the vse.log file? The vse_out.log file you attached contains the output information for when you start the VSE.

Heloisa

• 10.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Posted Aug 08, 2018 03:05 AM

There is only Most Efficient Assertion configured in the Listen step.

Let me share the logs as soon as i get them. 

• 11.  Re: Address already in Use Error in VSE

Posted Aug 09, 2018 07:42 AM

Update to Question:

The VS has WS-Security Configured. 

When i deploy the same service with the WS-Security part removed, the Service is working fine. But after adding the WS-Security part, and invoking the service from WebBrowser, the service goes offline when deployed in Linux Environment, but in Windows it is just throwing an exception but the Service is still running.

NOTE: Even though the Service is a Web Service and needs to be invoded from SoapUI, some developers hit the VS end point from the browser to check if the service is up. (Either way this should not make the service go down)