Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to toggle between match style as operation and signature  in Devtest portal as in case of Workstation?

Posted Jun 15, 2017 04:24 PM

Usually we can change the match style as "Operation" and "signature" in Devtest Workstation.Can that be done in portal as well?

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to toggle between match style as operation and signature  in Devtest portal as in case of Workstation?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2017 10:30 AM

Hi,

The change of match style from "Operation" to "Signature" and vice versa can be done from VSI of a VS. As we can open the VSI in the workstation, there is an option to do from there. Since thats not the case in Portal, you can make this change by opening the VSI in any test editor like Notepad/Notepad++ etc and change the match style of any transaction. 

Here is a sample of a transaction whose match style I changed from Signature to Operation

Changed line 

<rq id="16" op="deleteUser" tl="SIGNATURE">

To 

<rq id="16" op="deleteUser" tl="OPERATION">

Where I have changed the Match Style of deleteUser operation from Signature to Operation. 

Regards

Neelima K

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to toggle between match style as operation and signature  in Devtest portal as in case of Workstation?

Posted May 14, 2018 06:15 AM

Hi Neelima,

I have followed the procedure suggested by you to edit /modify the match tolerance level in Dev test portal. I have downloaded the .mar file from VSE and converted it to .zip file by changing the extension of .mar file and after that i have extracted the contents and modified the match tolerance level from SIGNATURE to OPERATION in .vsi file , saved it and again converted the .zip to .mar file by changing the extension but when i am trying to reupload the mar file to portal i am getting the below error :

Error : Error 500 - Our audit file is either missing or we are not a model archive or are corrupt. 

Could you please correct me if i am following the wrong procedure to change the match tolerance and suggest me the viable method.

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to toggle between match style as operation and signature  in Devtest portal as in case of Workstation?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2018 12:20 PM

The way you are creating the mar file after making changes is not the right way. You need to create mar file from the Workstation again using the correct VSM or deploy the VSM again.

If you need more help, please open a support case.

• 5.  RE: Re: Is there a way to toggle between match style as operation and signature  in Devtest portal as in case of Workstation?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 11:24 AM
    You need to create Mar Info File by right click on the VSM file. After creating the .mari file then you need to create .mar file then you will not get any this kind of errors