Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Java Agent running once VS is up

Posted Feb 13, 2018 01:39 PM

Do we need a Java Agent running on the server once the recording is complete and VS is deployed?

I recorded EJB traffic and virtualized it.

EJB requests are sent to iiop://*** url. Cant we just change that and point to Devtest url instead of routing the traffic through Java Agent.

I understand its Java objects traffic and agent is doing some conversion but why cant we do it on the devtest vse server side.

More info appreciated.

thanks

Abhinav

• 2.  Re: Java Agent running once VS is up
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2018 02:07 PM

Hi Abhinav, 

Yes, the agent must be running.

However, the capture level should be reduced to "counts only".

When a Virtual Service is deployed the agent is notified with details about the VS.

The calls proceed normally through the live system until a virtualized call is encountered. 

That call is then rerouted by the agent to the VSE.

Best Regards, 

Ricky

CA Application Insight Support

• 3.  Re: Java Agent running once VS is up

Posted Feb 13, 2018 02:41 PM

I understand the agent must be running. My question is why? why cant the VSE handle an iiop call like a http call.

• 4.  Re: Java Agent running once VS is up

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2018 03:22 PM

Hi Abhinav, 

An EJB recording would require the agent because the VS works at the EJB level.

However if you are recording at a url level, then the Workstation recorder or one of the Portal recorder may be a better fit and the agent would not be required.

If you would like to show support exactly what you are trying to accomplish, please open a support ticket and we will be able to assist you find the correct solution.

Best Regards, 

Ricky

CA Application Insight Support