Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Can I specify the jars classpath from within a project?

Posted Nov 29, 2017 07:29 PM

Hey Community

Any insight or suggestions on this matter would be appreciated!

My Goal: Be able to execute tests using the Test Runner command line that uses custom classes loaded in from jars placed in the same project folder as the test scripts.

Version: DevTest v8.3

Installation Type: Individual not Shared

Background

• I'm using the Custom Test Step to load in custom classes.
      (Define a Custom Java Test Step - DevTest Solutions - 8.0 - CA Technologies Documentation )
    • I have been testing on my local computer and will need to this our server.
    • On our company server I don't have access to DevTest/lib/core or DevTest/hotdeploy on our server. So all the jars that are needed for the test needs to be contained in the project folder where the test scripts are. 

What I have tried

• When the files are placed in DevTest/lib/core (I know I shouldn't) - it works.  But I can't use this one the server
    • When the files are placed in DevTest/hotdeploy - It still works as expected, but I can't use this one the server.
    • In project.config I've set HOT_DEPLOY and MORE_JARS to the path where my jars were located but it did not work. 

What I have not tried

If it is unavoidable I will get the server team to deploy the jars into the DevTest/hotdeploy folder. 

• 2.  Re: Can I specify the jars classpath from within a project?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2017 10:36 AM

I can't envision any solution other than placing the jars in hotDeploy.

HOT_DEPLOY and MORE_JARS are evaluated at launch time (and, generally set through JVM arguments).  Changing them after launch won't have an effect.

--Mike