Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Recording Live Traffic - Target is Invalid Error

Posted Sep 04, 2017 12:40 PM

Hi,

I am new to LISA.

I am trying to record live traffic on my server but when I enter the URL, it keep giving me "Target URL is Valid. But Target is invalid" error. Is it because the URL directs to another login page?

I have tried multiple URIs and it does not work.

Also, if I give "Use SSL" and then not give https in the URL, is that a problem?

Thanks,

Karthik

• 2.  Re: Recording Live Traffic - Target is Invalid Error

Posted Sep 04, 2017 12:45 PM

I even tried 

google.com:80

in the URL. Same error.

• 3.  Re: Recording Live Traffic - Target is Invalid Error

Posted Sep 06, 2017 01:20 PM

It's not clear to me what it is you are trying to record. Are you trying to create a virtual service by recording the traffic for a Web service? Or are you trying to record a UI/browser test case?

And if you do specify SSL then the URL should have https in it or else it wouldn't be SSL enabled.

• 4.  Re: Recording Live Traffic - Target is Invalid Error

Posted Sep 07, 2017 03:06 PM

Karthik,

When we provide the target URL in the Portal, the VSE tries to validate the address.

"Target URL is valid, but target is invalid" message means that given URL is one of the allowed syntax but target host may not be valid.

If you know the target URL you provided is valid, verify if the VSE and Portal servers have access to the address provided.

Hope it helps.

Heloisa

• 5.  Re: Recording Live Traffic - Target is Invalid Error

Posted Sep 07, 2017 03:16 PM

Thanks William and Heloisa. The URL is valid and with SSL but it does not record. The problem seem to be actually connecting to the VSE, which is interesting because the same VSE can be pinged from the computer. 

So, DevTest portal recording isnt working. I am trying the same by creating a recording from Workstation and trying to deploy it to VSE to record. I will post on how that goes.

• 6.  Re: Recording Live Traffic - Target is Invalid Error
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2017 06:40 PM

It's entirely possible to ping a machine but not have connectivity to it from a specific port, so make sure you have opened the right firewall rules for the port you're using for recording. You can try the following command from a command prompt, "telnet <hostname> <port>", to confirm there's connectivity over a given port.

• 7.  Re: Recording Live Traffic - Target is Invalid Error

Posted Sep 11, 2017 05:32 PM

Thanks Will... The port is not open. 

• 8.  Re: Recording Live Traffic - Target is Invalid Error

Posted Jun 07, 2018 05:42 PM

Hi Will,

telnet is not working on command prompt. is there other way ?

Regards,

Saurabh