Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How can I pass a value from my response of testcase1 as a input to request for testcase2

Posted Mar 23, 2018 02:02 AM

In dev test, for automating web services, consider I have 2 test cases. When I run the first service I get a response with one response value (example: transactionReferenceNumber="12345"). I need to pass this value as an input parameter for my request od my test case 2. Can you please help me with this?

• 2.  Re: How can I pass a value from my response of testcase1 as a input to request for testcase2
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2018 11:16 AM

If you are calling both webservices in a single test case(.tst file), then you can use filters Filters - DevTest Solutions - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

if they are different test cases (.tst files), then refer this https://communities.ca.com/message/241721185?commentID=241721185#comment-241721185 

• 3.  Re: How can I pass a value from my response of testcase1 as a input to request for testcase2

Posted Mar 27, 2018 09:30 AM

AnnaRamadoss

What is the process if response in Json format?

• 4.  Re: How can I pass a value from my response of testcase1 as a input to request for testcase2

Posted Mar 27, 2018 01:27 PM

you can use JSON Path filter to extract the value (example: transactionReferenceNumber="12345") from JSON response and use that property in next steps. 

JSON Path Filter - DevTest Solutions - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: How can I pass a value from my response of testcase1 as a input to request for testcase2

Posted Jun 07, 2018 08:12 AM

Hi,

I m new to this CA dev test. I want to store some response values somewhere and use that values in another test case. Can you explain me in detail?I know to extract the value. But dont know how to use in next cases. Can you please explain me?

• 6.  Re: How can I pass a value from my response of testcase1 as a input to request for testcase2

Posted Jun 08, 2018 02:48 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am able to filter the values and store it in some variable. But in another request how to pass that? Can you explain me this please? Please see attached screen shot for reference

Attachment(s)

doc
    pass filtered value.doc   416 KB 1 version