Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Error Deploying Virtual Service with ODP.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 11:51 AM

Hi All,

I am currently using DevTest Solutions 9.5.1 (9.5.1.6) to make a virtual service using a VSE Recorder with ODP. This is because I have a web service request with a body that is using IBM-037 and was having some trouble using other protocols getting what I want to do. Anyways I make the recording, set request and response processing to IBM-037 and the service seems to work fine in ITR.

However, most of the time when I try to deploy I get an error message:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to successfully create the archive.
    at com.itko.lisa.model.mar.ModelArchiveUtils.createArchive(ModelArchiveUtils.java:1240)
    at com.itko.lisa.model.mar.ModelArchive.buildOptimizedArchive(ModelArchive.java:337)
    at com.itko.lisa.model.mar.ModelArchive.buildArchive(ModelArchive.java:215)
    at com.itko.lisa.model.mar.ModelArchive.<init>(ModelArchive.java:166)
    at com.itko.lisa.vse.ui.actions.DeployToVSEAction$1.doCallback(DeployToVSEAction.java:133)
    at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
    at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.itko.lisa.model.mar.ModelArchiveUtils.copy(ModelArchiveUtils.java:1664)
    at com.itko.lisa.model.mar.ModelArchiveUtils.writeFile(ModelArchiveUtils.java:1379)
    at com.itko.lisa.model.mar.ModelArchiveUtils.createArchive(ModelArchiveUtils.java:1234)

... 6 more

Usually I can deploy the service once if the service isn't already deployed (or after I remove the deployed service from virtual environment), AND I first close and reopen workstation. After that I can't redeploy without doing all that again. Anybody seen something like this before?

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: Error Deploying Virtual Service with ODP.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 26, 2017 11:29 AM

Hello Paul,

Could you open a support ticket for this?

We would like to investigate the issue you are facing.

You can open the ticket via support.ca.com or call 1-800-225-5224.

Thanks,

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: Error Deploying Virtual Service with ODP.

Posted Jul 26, 2017 12:03 PM

Please follow Maria's advice and open a ticket with support.  

Just Curious:

Since you mentioned the data is in IBM record format (CP037), can the EBCDIC data be mapped onto a copybook layout? If so, you might review the Copybook Data Protocol Handler to see if the request / response payloads can be parsed into XML. The starting point documentation is located at: Copybook Data Protocol - DevTest Solutions - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation DevTest uses this DPH to map the EBCDIC data onto an XML representation of the copybook in the VSI. The response is converted from XML back to CP037 prior to being sent using a Response Side Copybook DPH.