Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE

Posted Jul 17, 2016 06:12 PM

Hi, In my project we have 2 assignments and due to nature of project, need to limit users from viewing or running any of the Virtual services hosted by other group in VSE. Now when deployed have option only to restrict users from VSE but not a specific service. In order to overcome, we came up with following option and looking for expertize to review and share your thoughts on this.

Option 1: Create a new registry which in turn will be provided access to 2nd set of associates who can host the services and access them in VSE. This will restrict one set of users to both registry and hosted services.

Question: Will creating a new registry restrict and differentiate users from VSE/services hosted due to the nature of permissions lended to each registry.

Option 2: Creating dedicated VSE for each project and provide access on specific set of resources.

Question: Will this require any additional license to setup 2 VSE within the existing license.

Please share your thoughts and let me know any additional information is needed.

• 2.  Re: Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2016 06:42 PM

Not sure.. but did u have look at the user roles and permission ? in case if you can have any type of permission which can limit the users from accessing different VSEs on same registry

• 3.  Re: Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE

Posted Jul 18, 2016 01:56 AM

DevTestUser@ I tried but it does have option only to restrict the complete VSE and not to any specific services within the VSE.

• 4.  Re: Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE

Posted Jul 19, 2016 04:43 PM

Hi Users, can someone look into my queries and help me with your thoughts. Thanks.

• 5.  Re: Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE

Posted Jul 19, 2016 06:03 PM

Ok.. I am not sure .. I guess we dont have option to restrict vse's which are hosted on same registry.. may be any CA experts can answer here..

• 6.  Re: Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2016 12:03 AM

No need to setup a separate registry. I'd recommend option #2 with separate VSEs and here's how to do it -  use the concept of Resource Groups in the ACL administration. Doing that you can have one resource group for VSE1 and another for VSE2. Then assign separate users to those Resource Groups thereby creating a segregation between the users and it allowing them to access each other's VSE assets.

• 7.  Re: Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2016 09:19 PM

I would suggest to go with Option-2 with separate VSE's for each projects and maintain access levels through resource groups in Administration section. Related to licensing, please check with your accounting team about it.

• 8.  Re: Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE

Posted Jul 26, 2016 12:55 PM

KOUSTUBH WARTY & Srikanth Gajawada@ Thanks for your comments. Considered the 2nd option of creating new VSE but due to limitation in license, utilized one of existing VSE and restricted general users. For general users routed them to a different registry to get the restriction implemented. Both of your comments were appropriate, thanks again for your response.

• 9.  Re: Maintaining multiple registry or multiple VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 06:51 PM

Welcome!