Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Selenium FrameWork Execution from DevTest

Posted Jul 31, 2017 01:59 AM

Hi All

We have a Framework Developed in Selenium to automate our product functionality and UI integrated with TestNG

In order to Integrate with CI process..we are trying to evaluate the process of executing them with DevTest as all our other Build Environments Automation Exists in DevTest and it is updating the Test Case back in rally.

Similarly is there any feature available in Dev Test so that i could execute my selenium test cases and update the Rally once executed from Dev Test....(Is there any way to trigger them from Dev Test ? )

What are all the Browsers supported with Dev test for selenium ?

Thanks Very Much in Advance

Regards

Vamshi Krishna

• 2.  Re: Selenium FrameWork Execution from DevTest

Posted Jul 31, 2017 01:15 PM

Hi Vamshi Krishna,

Please find the community link https://communities.ca.com/message/241993386-re-how-to-execute-selenium-webdriver-scripts-in-ca-dev-test?commentID=24199…   ,this might help you.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vish

• 3.  Re: Selenium FrameWork Execution from DevTest

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2017 03:48 PM

Please look at the Webcast  for  DevTest and Selenium..

Webcast Recap: DevTest &  Selenium 

• 4.  Re: Selenium FrameWork Execution from DevTest

Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:16 AM

Hi Vamshi,

Did Vish's and Shiney's recommendations help you out with this issue?

• 5.  Re: Selenium FrameWork Execution from DevTest

Posted Aug 03, 2017 04:34 PM

My $.02

1. Follow LearnNow suggestion

2. Create a Custom Test Step. In addition to the advantages of running external jars, this will enforce better devtest integration with your selenium scripts. You can use lisa class objects like testExec, testStep, testCase ,etc objects for better logging and error handling.

also dont forget to update selenium jars and its dependencies if you are going this route.