Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Issue in using beanshell with QC / ALM Integration

Posted Jul 05, 2016 08:40 PM

Hi, I have my workflow or test with beanshell scripting for validations. When I run within DevTest (8.2) its working fine whereas when I call the same test from QA / ALM through VAPI object method, its failing to recognize my beanshell and failing with java exception error stating "Unable to build the step - No language provided found for beanshell / trapped". I have multiple steps which use the same beanshell. I tried different methods but not able to overcome this issue. Requesting help to overcome this issue. Please let me know for any additional inputs. Thanks, Ravi R

• 2.  Re: Issue in using beanshell with QC / ALM Integration

Posted Jul 06, 2016 12:24 PM

Hi, did anyone else facing this issue. Please add your comments to help this clarified. Thanks.

• 3.  Re: Issue in using beanshell with QC / ALM Integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2016 02:29 PM

Try this workaround and let me know if it works:

Copy file bsh-2.1.8.jar

From folder DEVTEST_HOME\lib\shared\

To Folder   DEVTEST_HOME\jre\lib\ext

The issue is actually with Testrunner, which ALM uses with its plugin. Seems Testrunner is not able to find the BeanShell engine.

• 4.  Re: Issue in using beanshell with QC / ALM Integration

Posted Jul 07, 2016 05:02 PM

Hi Marcy, I followed the steps and it's working now. Even though it shows (java) exception during execution, the steps were properly consolidated, executed and updated in ALM with attachments. Thank you for your guidance.