Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  EDashboard 9.1: no "Configure" option

Posted May 24, 2016 11:05 AM

We don't not see anymorte the "Configure" option we had in EDashboard 8.4.

This was very useful to Hide a Registry or Delete a Registry that has been uninstalled.

Actually, we renamed a Registry and therefore we see 2 Registries on the EDashboard: how to delete the old named Registry....

We also tried to run a purge data , without effect.

• 2.  Re: EDashboard 9.1: no "Configure" option

Posted May 25, 2016 08:56 AM

the configure option was removed.. they have not provided  capabilities to edit the list anymore

• 3.  Re: EDashboard 9.1: no "Configure" option

Posted May 25, 2016 09:23 AM

I see... So what method will CA provide to remove decommissioned servers or renamed Registries ?

• 4.  Re: EDashboard 9.1: no "Configure" option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2016 09:31 AM

The reasoning was to let the dashboard get a REST call from the registry and thereby letting them communicate rather than one having to manually add a registry to the dashboard. 

Having said that - you have a good point - how to delete/remove/hide older registries that are not being used or renamed?

Let me get back to you on this. 

• 5.  Re: EDashboard 9.1: no "Configure" option

Posted May 25, 2016 09:58 AM

I have reported this issue as well.. our DT/Test design is small transient VSEs with 1 service each.. they exist for 20 seconds-10 minutes.. and never will run again..

so the registry list will be garbage really

• 6.  Re: EDashboard 9.1: no "Configure" option
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 04:56 PM

The ability to remove Registries was removed as of that release because of Audit reasons. As the Dashboard is the audit tool for DevTest, we would not want any one removing registries. However starting with 9.5, there is an option to not show the older registries. You can filter by time - thereby giving you the ability to hide older unused registries. 

Hope that helps.