Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Increase VSE memory for performance test

Posted Apr 26, 2017 02:30 PM

We use DevTest for performance/load test for a long hours with super load on multiple virtual services.

I am always seeing the server performance is going up to 80-90% and one time lisa services stopped and stopped server.

Would this be better in case if I increase the vse memory in vmoption file in order to allow VSE to utliize more CPU memory available.

Please suggest.

• 2.  Re: Increase VSE memory for performance test

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 12:04 PM

Hello Vinay,

For performance test against virtual services, you need to look at multiple things. Having required amount of memory allocation for VSE component is definitely important, and this can be tracked to see how much memory is being used by VSE process during the performance test. However, if the virtual service does not have the right capacity allocated, you can see performance issues.

We need more details about environment etc. to understand the issue here. We can connect offline to discuss more on this.

Thanks,

Surya

• 3.  Re: Increase VSE memory for performance test
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2017 01:20 PM

Hi Surya,

As we discussed offline, I am going to increase the VSE.vmoption memory allocation to more than what we have right now to may be 3 to 4 gb and see if the performance of the server looks better.

• 4.  Re: Increase VSE memory for performance test

Posted May 03, 2017 11:10 AM

Vinay,

Can you provide the requested information that Surya requested earlier?

Regards,

Reid