Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  CA DevTest plugin for Maven

Posted Mar 12, 2016 02:30 AM

I'm planning to use DevTest in the Integration-test phase of Maven.

Anybody went this direction before ?

Is there a DevTest plugin for Maven to help that integration by any chance ?

• 2.  Re: CA DevTest plugin for Maven

Posted Mar 12, 2016 08:23 AM

For longtime, I have also been trying to find the solution for the same! But, couldn't find a relative one! I recently raised an idea - Maven archetype for creating custom extensions which doesn't exactly relates to your requirement, but it generally talks about the need for Mavenising the DevtTest libraries.

As a workaround for your requirement you can add the DevTest libraries (JAR Files) that resides in your local directory to your POM.xml using the method specified in the link - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4955635/how-to-add-local-jar-files-in-maven-project.

Please let us know if you are looking for a different approach!

Thanks,

Kondasamy

• 3.  Re: CA DevTest plugin for Maven

Posted Mar 12, 2016 09:14 AM

is there a way to launch/stage a test from a commandline/api?   one would have to write maven goals that used that capability to execute the test from maven (as well as having the DT jar files to support that capability)

• 4.  Re: CA DevTest plugin for Maven

Posted Mar 12, 2016 10:50 AM

Possibly yes! We can make use of maven-exec-plugin to hook a batch/ CL runnable file. So, here are the steps,

1. Make a batch script file (.bat) file calling the CA DevTest command line interface TestRunner.exe calling the required test case (Ref: Run a Test Case with Test Runner - DevTest Solutions - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation)
    2. Call the batch script file in the POM.xml file using the features provided by maven-exec-plugin (Ref: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14872385/how-do-i-hook-a-batch-file-to-maven)

Thanks,

Kondasamy

• 5.  Re: CA DevTest plugin for Maven

Posted Mar 17, 2016 07:30 PM

Yes I was thinking on those lines (calling TestRunner from Maven Integration-tests phase) with the exec-plugin or even write a custom plugin to have more control over the cmd line parameters

• 6.  Re: CA DevTest plugin for Maven

Posted Mar 18, 2016 07:54 AM

cool.. I am thinking about using the maven exec approach to building goals for managing services (add, start, stop, status, remove, stage)..