Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

db connection error in LISA test

• 1.  db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 24, 2016 06:16 PM

Not sure what and where i need to look more to fix it. But i am getting a db connection error from LISA 7

java.sql.SQLException: Error creating db connection for com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver_jdbc:informix-sqli://name9.domainname.com:23301/i7976:INFORMIXSERVER=name9_nameid_<passwdNotShown>

The same connection details work in the new DEVTEST workstation.

• 2.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 07:42 PM

Where do you get this error message - Workstation? Registry?

Can you provide some more details from the corresponding Lisa 7 log file.

• 3.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 24, 2016 08:10 PM

Thanks for the response. I have the lisa7 installed on a jenkins slave. Are you referring to the tmp log file generated by lisa?

• 4.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 24, 2016 11:13 PM

Also, make sure you have the Informix JDBC drivers on your classpath in your hotDeploy folder on the LISA Workstation 7 version you're using.

• 5.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 25, 2016 10:34 AM

i dont see the informix drivers in the c:\lisa\hotDeploy folder. There are a lot of jar files in it. The informix drivers are in the c:\lisa\lib.

ifxjdbc-3.50.JC8.jar

ifxjdbc.jar

ifxjdbcx-3.50.JC8.jar

ifxjdbcx.jar

ifxlang.jar

ifxlsupp.jar

ifxsqlj.jar

ifxtools.jar

I cannot seem to check if the c:\lisa\lib is set as the CLASSPATH. will Lisa7 set the lib folder as in the  java classpath? or do i have to move the drivers from lib to the hotDeploy folder? thanks

• 6.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 25, 2016 01:21 PM

You might try launching the 7.x workstation and CLICK the View menu bar item.  Then, CLICK Classpath Browser.  See if you can locate your Informix jars in the browser window. 

Alternatively, launch the workstation and look in your lisatmp directory under your c:\users\<yourUserId>.  Open the workstation log and check the CLASSPATH info that is echoed there when workstation started.

• 7.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 25, 2016 01:43 PM

thanks, the workstation.log does shows the classpath and i see the informix jar's in it.

C:\Lisa\bin\..\lib\ifxjdbc-3.50.JC8.jar;C:\Lisa\bin\..\lib\ifxjdbc.jar

• 8.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 25, 2016 02:55 PM

You said you could connect using the 'new' DevTest.  Are the Informix drivers specific to Java 7 or 8?  DevTest 9.1 uses Java 8.  LISA 7 uses Java 7.  I am assuming the answer is 'no'.

I would try the following:

- Shut down workstation and delete the workstation.log file in c:\users\<yourUserId>\lisatmp...

- Start workstation

- Single step through a test in ITR mode

-- before executing the JDBC step,

- edit logging.properties (LISA_HOME) and change the log4j.rootCategory=INFO,A1 setting from INFO to DEBUG

- save the file

- give it a few seconds, single step execute the JDBC step, and check the log to see if additional details are generated.

If no additional diagnosis info shows up in the log, I would see if I could make a connection from that machine to Informix using a third party tool such as DbVisualizer using the same JARs and connection properties.

Lastly, if possible, please post the full exception from the log.  You may need to scrub a little bit of the log output, but the amount of private information contained in the exception and surrounding log entries should be minimal.  Seeing the log entries would probably help us the most at this point.

• 9.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 26, 2016 10:11 AM

1. Enabled the debug after backing up the workstation.log

2. Executed the lisa job but didn't saw the new log generated, the old log was generated some 2 days back.

3. installed dbeaver and tried to connect to the informix, works

4. changed the dirvers to the ones inside the c:\lisa\lib folder

ifxjdbc.jar

ifxlang.jar

it still connects fine

5. Open the test cases, from the LISA ui and clicked on a SQL step/process (not sure what it is called), and clicked the "test connection" -- FAILED!

6. Punched in the credentials manually, still failling. I got the below error

java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect password or user com.informix.asf.IfxASFRemoteException: username@machine.domainname.com is not known on the database server.

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.<init>(IfxSqliConnect.java:1171)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver.connect(IfxDriver.java:254)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNode.getConnection(JDBCNode.java:619)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNode.executeSQL(JDBCNode.java:366)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNodeEditor.doExec(JDBCNodeEditor.java:483)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNodeEditor.access$500(JDBCNodeEditor.java:57)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNodeEditor$6.doCallback(JDBCNodeEditor.java:417)

at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.informix.asf.IfxASFRemoteException: username@machine.domainname.com

at com.informix.asf.Connection.recvConnectionResponse(Connection.java:681)

at com.informix.asf.Connection.establishConnection(Connection.java:1606)

at com.informix.asf.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:340)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.<init>(IfxSqliConnect.java:1031)

... 12 more

Looks like a db issue : IBM How to fix Informix® error -951 when clients try to connect - United States  

Any thoughts?

• 10.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 26, 2016 11:15 AM

Is there any possibility for you to upgrade to the most current version of DevTest?  You indicated that you got a successful connection from the new DevTest workstation. 

Since LISA 7 is EOL, I do not believe opening a support ticket is an option -- but I could be wrong -- best to check with your local CA Account team. 

It's interesting that you did not see log updates when you switched to Debug mode.  You might check version 7's LISA_HOME\bin\LISAWorkstation.vmoptions and make sure that no overrides are redirecting log output to another lisatmp directory location.  It is odd that the output was last updated 2 days ago after you set the logger to debug.

The challenge is getting DevTest to echo into the logs what happens during the connection to help you validate that nothing was malformed.

I do not know which debug parameter might do this for you.  You could try adding the lines below to logging.properties after the third party libraries section.  I do not know if these lines will work for you in LISA 7...

log4j.logger.com.mchange.v2.c3p0=DEBUG

log4j.logger.com.mchange.v2.resourcepool=DEBUG

log4j.logger.com.itko.lisa.utils.db.LisaSessionCustomizer=TRACE

• 11.  Re: db connection error in LISA test

Posted May 26, 2016 11:54 AM

We will be upgrading soon. We are in the last lag for the migration. But things are moving slowly.

So, now i see the big DEBUG enabled logs for workstation. Some entry of interest in this log are, things like

~ Got an event Step target but there are no listeners!

~

2016-05-25 21:30:23,133Z (16:30) [TestCaseEditor-DirtyChecker] DEBUG com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNode    - writeSubXML(...) - isStoredProc=false

2016-05-25 21:30:23,133Z (16:30) [TestCaseEditor-DirtyChecker] DEBUG com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNode    - writeSubXML(...) - isStoredProc=false

2016-05-25 21:30:23,200Z (16:30) [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.itko.util.swing.UserMessage - There was a SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect password or user com.informix.asf.IfxASFRemoteException: username@servername.domainname.com is not known on the database server.

java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect password or user com.informix.asf.IfxASFRemoteException: username@servername.domainname.com is not known on the database server.

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.<init>(IfxSqliConnect.java:1171)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver.connect(IfxDriver.java:254)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNode.getConnection(JDBCNode.java:619)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNode.executeSQL(JDBCNode.java:366)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNodeEditor.doExec(JDBCNodeEditor.java:483)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNodeEditor.access$500(JDBCNodeEditor.java:57)

at com.itko.lisa.jdbc.JDBCNodeEditor$6.doCallback(JDBCNodeEditor.java:417)

at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.informix.asf.IfxASFRemoteException: username@servername.domainname.com

at com.informix.asf.Connection.recvConnectionResponse(Connection.java:681)

at com.informix.asf.Connection.establishConnection(Connection.java:1606)

at com.informix.asf.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:340)

at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.<init>(IfxSqliConnect.java:1031)

... 12 more

• 12.  Re: db connection error in LISA test
    Best Answer

Posted May 26, 2016 07:23 PM

Solved!!!!

It was my lack of knowledge on LISA 7. While creating the 'stage' (not sure what is the exact lisa terminology) for an SQL execution, lisa stores and passes these info from a config file. I have to use the parameter on the LISA's console for the test case. The problem was that the password parameter wasn't defined!!!!!

thanks for all your inputs.