Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How to pass jenkins variables using build.xml to LISA test

Posted Feb 09, 2016 05:29 PM

How to pass jenkins variables using build.xml to LISA test? I am using ant build and build.xml to trigger tests from jenkins, I need to pass the jenkins variables to lisa test as properties so that I can use it during run time.

• 2.  Re: How to pass jenkins variables using build.xml to LISA test

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2016 11:47 PM

Hi,

To pass a variable to LISA test as a property, follow below approach

Use "jvmarg" tag inside junitlisa tag. so that, value assigned to jvmarg will be considered as a jvm property and you can directly use it as LISA property.

Ex:

<junitlisa toDir="${testReportDir}"

outputtoformatters="false"

test="Tests/DevTest_config_info.tst"

stagingDoc="StagingDocs/1User0Think_RunContinuously.stg"

user="admin"

password="admin">

<jvmarg value="-DmyProperty=MyProperty"/>

</junitlisa>

In Testcase "DevTest_config_info.tst", to use this property, print it as {{myProperty}}

• 3.  Re: How to pass jenkins variables using build.xml to LISA test

Posted Feb 15, 2016 05:34 PM

Thanks Srikanth. I have already tried the above option but not getting the value inside lisa test.

I am using v8.4. Do you know in which version you have tested this feature?

• 4.  Re: How to pass jenkins variables using build.xml to LISA test

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 07:37 PM

Hi Pallab,

I have tested on Devtest 8.4 and Devtest 9.0 and its working. I have tried below options.

1)  Started only Registry in my local and executed ant command and my testcase picked the jvmarg property and I am able to use it.

2)  Started all Devtest components (Registry/Coordinator/Simulator) and executed ant command. In this case, i did not see jvmarg value in my test case. To resolve this, I have changed Simulator name in staging doc to "local" (instead of auto) and re-ran the testcase. Then, I could see the jvmarg value in my test execution.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Srikanth