Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How to expose WSDL in LISA virtualization?

Posted May 17, 2016 10:09 AM

Hi All,

There is a requirement at client side where there application can only connect to LISA virtual service only if WSDL is exposed in LISA.

What I mean by wsdl is exposed to the application is that application is checking for operations in the wsdl every-time, which application team is expecting should be present in LISA and then it will trigger an actual request with the correct operation if it finds the operation in the wsdl.

Though we have created a virtual service with the help of WSDL extracting all the operations but as such there is nothing exposed in LISA virtualization which should act as wsdl for the application apart from LISA endpoint.

Has anyone seen such kind of requirement where WSDL calling is mandatory and if application uses LISA URL/endpoint it gives error as it wants a wsdl URL with ?wsdl.

Please let us know your thoughts and suggestions to achieve the same.

Thanks,

Ankush

• 2.  Re: How to expose WSDL in LISA virtualization?

Posted May 17, 2016 11:02 AM

so, you would make a new transaction and send back the wsdl file for that request..   the 'problem' for me, is that the service does not simulate ALL of the functions of the original service, so I would want the

simulation wsdl to reflect what IS Supported..   there is no way to generate the simulation WSDL however..

• 3.  Re: How to expose WSDL in LISA virtualization?
    Best Answer

Posted May 17, 2016 10:42 PM

++ what Sam says RE adding a new transaction.  And, making the wsdl reflect what is the VS supports is something you would have to construct manually.  DevTest doesn't do that OOTB.

If you need a reference as to how to add the transaction, look in this thread (https://communities.ca.com/message/241883515#comment-241883515 ).  I describe at a high level how to set up your VSI to send the WSDL as a response while supporting all the other operations.  The technique is described near the bottom of the thread.

• 4.  Re: How to expose WSDL in LISA virtualization?

Posted May 18, 2016 11:18 AM

Thanks Joel and Sam. Will try these solutions and will get back after the analysis.

• 5.  Re: How to expose WSDL in LISA virtualization?

Posted May 19, 2016 09:57 AM

Thanks Joel. The solution has worked and client is able to test the application smoothly.