Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

DevTest 8.0 onwards I noticed that Javascript step and IBM MQ step says deprecated alongside. Does this mean that these steps would not be present in future releases of DevTest and that we should stop using these steps in our test cases?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  DevTest 8.0 onwards I noticed that Javascript step and IBM MQ step says deprecated alongside. Does this mean that these steps would not be present in future releases of DevTest and that we should stop using these steps in our test cases?

Posted 10-07-2015 04:43 PM

@ !

• 2.  Re: DevTest 8.0 onwards I noticed that Javascript step and IBM MQ step says deprecated alongside. Does this mean that these steps would not be present in future releases of DevTest and that we should stop using these steps in our test cases?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-12-2015 03:30 PM

Starting with 8.1, we have productized support for IBM MQ Native Step. The biggest difference between the old IBM MQ step and the new IBM MQ Native Send Receive step is that the new one only supports MQ Native Mode.  There is no longer a step that combines both JMS Mode and Native Mode into one step.  If you want JMS mode then use the existing IBM MQ Direct JMS Connection Factory asset with the existing JMS step.

• 3.  Re: DevTest 8.0 onwards I noticed that Javascript step and IBM MQ step says deprecated alongside. Does this mean that these steps would not be present in future releases of DevTest and that we should stop using these steps in our test cases?

Posted 10-12-2015 06:39 PM

The Execute Script (JSR-223) step supports multiple scripting languages, and is not limited to support Javascript only. Please see https://wiki.ca.com/display/DTS83/Execute+Script+%28JSR-223%29+Step

Going forward it is therefore recommended to use Execute Script (JSR-223) step instead. Although Javascript step might still be present in future releases, support might be discontinued at some point in time.

• 4.  Re: DevTest 8.0 onwards I noticed that Javascript step and IBM MQ step says deprecated alongside. Does this mean that these steps would not be present in future releases of DevTest and that we should stop using these steps in our test cases?

Posted 10-13-2015 03:06 PM

Here's a video on how to use the new IBM MQ Native transport support - IBM MQ Native Support - CA Service Virtualization - YouTube

• 5.  Re: DevTest 8.0 onwards I noticed that Javascript step and IBM MQ step says deprecated alongside. Does this mean that these steps would not be present in future releases of DevTest and that we should stop using these steps in our test cases?

Posted 10-13-2015 05:03 PM

The new MQ step makes it really easy to test the request and response for MQ services in the same step (like web services) instead of adding separate steps. In addition, out of box support for Live invocation in VSE for MQ is also very useful, because building it takes up a good amount of effort. Multiple request / response queues configuration while recording is also very useful. The advanced options do give a lot of control over the configuration. Thanks for making these changes.