Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

handle macros in excel dataset/Ways (other than macros) to form jdbc insert statement in an excel dataset by concatenating values

• 1.  handle macros in excel dataset/Ways (other than macros) to form jdbc insert statement in an excel dataset by concatenating values

Posted Mar 29, 2016 07:06 PM

I have the following problem in Devtest. I have a JDBC step which reads the SQL statement from an excel dataset. But the column in excel that has the SQL statements is calculated with the help of a macro and the step is unable to read that from the dataset. Any suggestions on handling this?

Actually, I am trying to form an insert statement in a column by concatenating values in other columns and have written a macro for that function. So, if you can suggest any other way to form the insert statement, that would be of great help too!

Thanks very much!

• 2.  Re: handle macros in excel dataset/Ways (other than macros) to form jdbc insert statement in an excel dataset by concatenating values

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2016 01:28 AM

Hi Rahul,

Instead of using macro to form insert statement in excel using macro, add an insert query directly in JDBC step and pass it as a '?' in insert query and fill these using input parameters and execute the query.

Thanks

Srikanth

• 3.  Re: handle macros in excel dataset/Ways (other than macros) to form jdbc insert statement in an excel dataset by concatenating values

Posted May 03, 2016 02:47 PM

Hi Srikanth,

Eventually I did that to solve my purpose. Thanks for suggesting!