Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Data driven VSI based on Excel spreadsheet for response variation based on request arguments.

Posted Nov 19, 2015 03:05 AM

To prepare for a customer demo, I'm trying to use the new feature in DevTest 9.0 to make a VS created from RR pairs to be data driven from an Excel spreadsheet, for response variation based on requests.

devna08 and I followed the steps in the 9.0 Documentation,  but when we tested we get the response that no matching response can be found.

Has anyone had success with this functionality?

• 2.  Re: Data driven VSI based on Excel spreadsheet for response variation based on request arguments.

Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:30 PM

How large is the Excel spreadsheet (file size and number of rows)?

• 3.  Re: Data driven VSI based on Excel spreadsheet for response variation based on request arguments.

Posted Nov 20, 2015 11:25 AM

Anna,

Can you zip up your the project in which you are trying this and send it to me.

Or if the project is too big then the Data directory, VSI and VSM for the Data Driven service.

I looked at the spreadsheet and the actual XML response and my suspicion is that there is some mis-match in the mapping of request and response parameters.

I will send you a separate email as well.

-adi

• 4.  Re: Data driven VSI based on Excel spreadsheet for response variation based on request arguments.

Posted Nov 20, 2015 11:57 AM

I have emailed you  a working DD VSI service based on your artifacts. It includes a test that invokes the service and you can see the response generated from the spreadsheet values. Let me know if you are able to compare and see what is different in your configuration.

• 5.  Re: Data driven VSI based on Excel spreadsheet for response variation based on request arguments.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 23, 2015 05:04 AM

Thank you, Adi!

The error we made was in mapping ALL arguments in the VSI, whereas you mapped only the {{msisdn}} variable.

We also were not sure how to account for a variable argument like the e-mail.  You accounted for this by declaring it as <email address="{{email}}"> instead of <email address="karthik3fe24523219fa2bc@3mail.se"> as it was in the original response pair.

devna08