Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box

Posted Aug 18, 2016 11:30 PM

Hi Team,

We have created the Selenium Integration test and its running fine on local machine (lisa 7.5.1/Dev Test 9.5) but i want to stage it into my server ( which is a solarix box) ?what configuration is required for that ?

1) I already have IEDriverServer.exe and chromedriver.exe which i have used to ran it on my local( windows machine).

2) For my Solaris box (SunOS  5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4v) did i need different driver for IE and Chrome ?i got 1  for Chrome=chromedriver_linux32.zip but didnt get anything for IE ?

Is there any specific change that we need to do for staging the test in server ( which later will ran through bamboo or Jenkins job) or just placing the Unix/linux wedriver for IE/Chrome/firefox under lisa folder will wrk ? IF yes can someone provide me the driver details as i got only one  for Chrome(chromedriver_linux32.zip ) not sure if this is correct as it seems to be a text file ( didnt found anything for IE and firefox).

Can someone help for same ?

• 2.  Re: how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2016 08:26 PM

Daniel Mazzei - thoughts?

• 3.  Re: how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box

Posted Aug 22, 2016 01:07 AM

Hi Koustubh ,

Any luck ?

• 4.  Re: how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box

Posted Aug 22, 2016 12:04 PM

Hi, Geeta.deo.1,

I recently prepared a demo of the DevTest and Selenium integration and might be able to assist you.

We have instructions for running Selenium recording in Chrome, IE, and Safari on a local and remote machine. You can find the instructions here: Run a Selenium Integration Test Case - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation

Look near the bottom for "Run a Selenium Integration Test on a Remote Browser" and follow those instructions. Let me know if you have questions.

Best,

Dan

• 5.  Re: how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box

Posted Aug 26, 2016 01:02 AM

Hi Dan,

I have gone through the steps "Run a Selenium Integration Test on a Remote Browser" but since i am staging it in remote server ( which is a UNIX box) can't run the commands mentioned there in Command prompt.

Is there any other way to stage my test on Unix Server ?

• 6.  Re: how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box

Posted Aug 22, 2016 07:37 PM

Hi Daniel,

I Still have few questions:

what is the webdriver for firefox ? and is there a way that all the browser are specified in a single config and run otherwise there will be manual intervention required making each config active in case of each browser testing.

• 7.  Re: how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 03:27 PM

This is not on DevTest 9.5.1 on Solaris, but a DevTest 9.0.0 on Linux Redhat.    This is what I did to get my Selenium test to run on Linux. 

For DevTest 9.0.0 on Linux Redhat 6.5:

The version of Firefox for Linux you need to install is 38.0.6 (https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/38.0.6/linux-x86_64/en-US/), this is what will run with DevTest 9.0.0. You will need to make sure where your Firefox is installed is in the PATH so DevTest can find it.

This runs headless, but you will still need some kind of DISPLAY that the Linux machine can export to. You will not get a browser to come up like when staging on Windows from the Workstation, but from the Portal you can view the response as well as a screen shot on a step that needs a browser. Although headless from the Portal, it will capture a browser in the background, so you still need a DISPLAY set for a Browser.

In my Linux environment I have a symbolic link set to where my Firefox is installed.

My Firefox is installed in folder /root/firefox.

My symbolic link is set in my /usr/bin folder.

And /usr/bin is in my $PATH.

I set the symbolic link as such from my /usr/bin folder:

ln -s /root/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox

This normally would be set up by your Linux Admin, but since I had to install a different version of Firefox than what my environment originally had, I had to set this up.

I did not have to set any Environment variables to get this to work other than my DISPLAY so I could export the GUI. 

I did two tests:

- one where I brought the Portal up from a Firefox browser running on my Linux machine and ran my test. 

- another where I brought up the Portal from a Chrome browser running on my Windows Workstation.

I know you cannot get IE to run on Linux, but Chrome and Firefox will.  I have not done any testing with Chrome, but it still should follow the guidelines as with Firefox.

Hope this helps.

• 8.  Re: how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box

Posted Aug 26, 2016 12:24 AM

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for your reply.

But since my server is Solaris box i.e UNIX machine .Can i install firefox or chrome browser ?

• 9.  Re: how to stage selenium Integration Test in a solaris box

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 08:36 AM

Solaris is just another form of UNIX.  Firefox and Chrome both have browsers that can run on Unix and Linux.  Although the Link I provide above is for Linux, I did find this link for Firefox on Solaris:

Mozilla - Firefox, Thunderbird & Sunbird | UNIX Packages 

From the Chrome download site there is no download for Solaris, so I am not sure Chrome will run on that platform.