Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual HTTP/S LIVE Invocation step is not coming bydefault...!!!

Posted Mar 31, 2016 05:16 AM

When I am trying to create a virtual service, using WSDL(through DevTest 8.4), then i am unable to see the Virtual HTTP/S Live Invocation step in my vsm. I have to manually add that step everytime, if my requirement specifies that i have to hit the LIVE service. Is there any way to get that step by default, by making any changes to the settings may be?

• 2.  Re: Virtual HTTP/S LIVE Invocation step is not coming bydefault...!!!
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 31, 2016 09:13 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Aman,

If you're generating the virtual service from a WSDL, the most common use case is you wouldn't have access to the live system so it wouldn't make sense to have the live invocation step. The thought is if you have access to the live system, the most common approach would be to create the virtual service from recording, which would generate a model with the live invocation step.

That said, you can create a model that does what you want (including extra steps such as live invocation, logging. Pulling external data, etc). Treat this model as a template. When you create a new virtual service from a WSDL, delete the generated model, then copy and paste the template model. Rename the copied template to a desired name. In the renamed model, configure it for the new service image and live service.

Sincerely,

Casey Best

Sr. Principal Consultant

CA Service Virtualization – Application Delivery – CA Technologies Canada

• 3.  Re: Virtual HTTP/S LIVE Invocation step is not coming bydefault...!!!

Posted Apr 07, 2016 03:04 AM

Thank you Casey...:) Would try implementing your suggestion...

Regards,

Aman Saeed.