Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Virtualization via the command line

Posted Sep 03, 2015 12:44 PM

Hello LISA Community!

This question is for LISA 8.x.

I have about 10 virtual services based upon existing live services. I wish to automate the addition of new request/responses into an exiting virtual service, all in an automated fashion via the command line or shell script. Here is a detailed step by step listing of the process:

1. QA Engineers will add new data (new support new test scenarios) to the 10 excel spreadsheets, each which is based off of a particular live service, and are attached to test cases to call my localhost (for recording purposes)

2. For each service:

a) Start the VSE Recorder

b) Execute the LISA test case associated with that service

c) save the recording into a new VSI

d) merge that VSI with an existing VSI which represents all the known data virtualized for this particular service to date

e) redploy this virtual image to the LISA server

Yes, I can fire up LISA and accomplish all of this. What I *want* to do is to have it all done automatically. So lets say my engineers update the test case data in excel, can I call the VSE (sort of like test runner for the VSE) and make it happen behind the scenes?

I am thinking no, but I would like the community to confirm.

Thanks!

Peter Sotos

TCS

• 2.  Re: Virtualization via the command line

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2015 07:55 AM

Try to use combination of VSE ServiceImageManager command-line utility and VSE manager to achieve this .

Reference:

: ServiceImageManager Command - Manage Service Images - DevTest Solutions - 8.2 - CA Wiki

VSE Manager Command - Manage Virtual Service Environments - DevTest Solutions - 8.2 - CA Wiki

Regards,

Praveen