Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  MQ message same queue - selecting message

Posted Apr 01, 2016 09:13 AM

I have two separate MQ call working fine when they are doing separately......question is

1. how to merge them so that they both point to single VSM and single queue

2. is there some match script I need to write.

3. if yes...any example...apart from the custom extension book.

I did create another thread with similar message subject but these particular issue was not resolved

• 2.  Re: MQ message same queue - selecting message
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 01, 2016 09:54 AM

Hi napad, 

Without seeing your VSM & VSI implementation, it is hard to definitively answer the question.

However, you can merge the two VSIs together using Workstation.

On the basis of your statements, both VSMs are pointing to the same queue.  Each VSM is pointing to its respective VSI.  Both VSMs work independent of each other.  I would conclude that each of the VSMs is processing a different request (operation and arguments) when it arrives on the queue.

So long as you have the necessary DPHs in your VSM to identify the appropriate operation and build an appropriate argument list, you should be able to merge the VSIs together and use a single VSM to point to the newly merged VSI. 

It does not seem that you would need a Matches Script unless you are trying to implement some behavior that OOTB transaction matching does not accomplish.  You might need a matches script if the two VSMs are trying to process identical requests and you are unable to use standard matching to identify two different responses for the same request.  An indicator of this situation might be that after the merge, both specific transactions "compress" into a single operation in the newly merged VSI.

You might,

- Copy / Paste one of the VSIs and rename it

- Use this VSI and merge the other one

- Review the VSI to determine if the merge accomplished what you wanted

- Review both VSMs to ensure that DPH configuration and any other behaviors are supported for both requests

- If you are happy with the results, run a test using sample requests against your merged VSI

• 3.  Re: MQ message same queue - selecting message

Posted Apr 01, 2016 10:04 AM

Also:

Given that some of your other MQ questions / posts involve Copybook parsing, you may need to merge your Copybook definition files.  Merging the VSI will not merge the behaviors your VSMs are implementing.  You may need to deal with the Copybook definitions separately.

• 4.  Re: MQ message same queue - selecting message

Posted Apr 01, 2016 10:49 AM

Thanks Joel for the quick response....

I will try it and get back to you

• 5.  Re: MQ message same queue - selecting message

Community Manager
    Posted Apr 07, 2016 03:31 PM

How did you make out with Joel's suggestions? did they help?