Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Can i connect 32 bit Windows OS WorkStation to 64 bit Windows OS Registry?

Posted May 18, 2016 09:22 PM

Hi Team,

I have my all servers(Enterprise dash Board, Registry, Simulator, Coordinator and VSE) in 64 bit Windows Operating system and but i installed 32 bit Windows OS Work station?

Please let  me know whether my Work station can communicate with the Registry or not?

Regards,
    SaikiranGarapati.

• 2.  Re: Can i connect 32 bit Windows OS WorkStation to 64 bit Windows OS Registry?

Posted May 18, 2016 10:21 PM

Hi Saikiran,

You should be able to connect to Registry running on 64-bit system without any issues. You shouldn't face any connectivity challenges even if Registry is on a completely different operating system either. Its recommended to have both Workstation and Server components are of the same version.

Hope this helps.

Ashutosh

• 3.  Re: Can i connect 32 bit Windows OS WorkStation to 64 bit Windows OS Registry?

Posted May 18, 2016 11:55 PM

Thank you very much Ashutosh.But my workstation is not able to communicating with Registry. may be it is a Network issue.i will check and let you know.

• 4.  Re: Can i connect 32 bit Windows OS WorkStation to 64 bit Windows OS Registry?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2016 11:59 PM

Please first check that you can ping the Registry box from this second Workstation box.

• 5.  Re: Can i connect 32 bit Windows OS WorkStation to 64 bit Windows OS Registry?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 12:01 AM

Maybe you've already done it but verify in the dashboard UI that the registry is up and running. 

• 6.  Re: Can i connect 32 bit Windows OS WorkStation to 64 bit Windows OS Registry?

Posted May 20, 2016 08:38 AM

Also, make sure that the version of DevTest Workstation you are using is the same as the version of DevTest running the Registry you are connecting to.

You might also try to connect from your workstation to the Console app  (http://<yourRegistryServerIP>:1505/) and see if you can see the Registry.

• 7.  Re: Can i connect 32 bit Windows OS WorkStation to 64 bit Windows OS Registry?

Posted May 21, 2016 12:55 AM

Thanks for your reply. Work Station and Registry Versions are same, Only OS difference. It is working for me.

• 8.  Re: Can i connect 32 bit Windows OS WorkStation to 64 bit Windows OS Registry?
    Best Answer

Posted May 21, 2016 12:57 AM

Thank you very much for your quick reply. It is working now..It is a network issue b/w two systems.