Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to add dynamic parameter to Graphical XML Side-by-Side Comparison step?

• 1.  How to add dynamic parameter to Graphical XML Side-by-Side Comparison step?

Posted Sep 15, 2016 05:17 AM

Hello,

I faced a problem in my test.  At some point, I want to compare two XML's (I have them like files and I can get them also like properties).

My test is should run in a loop and in XML compare step  each iteration I need to put differences properties or files to compare between themselves.

Whether there is a way to do it dynamically?

• 2.  Re: How to add dynamic parameter to Graphical XML Side-by-Side Comparison step?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 15, 2016 06:37 PM

You can try to use a filter to save the steps responses and then use an assertion to compare the two responses.

Filter: Store Step Response - Store Step Response - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Assertion: Graphical XML Side-by-Side Comparison - Graphical XML Side-by-Side Comparison - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope it helps,

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: How to add dynamic parameter to Graphical XML Side-by-Side Comparison step?

Posted Nov 10, 2016 08:49 PM

When you do this filter, do you need to check the "send this response as xml" checkbox?