Hi, I have a virtual service (for a real SOAP web service) set up on a VSE server and run it through a Live System successfully. Now I want to add more request/response pairs into the knowledge base so it behaves more like real service. From the user's guide of DevTest solution, I saw a Learning mode which seems to be right one but I don't see this option in the selection list. The available selections include 1) Most Efficient, 2) Transaction Tracking, 3) Live System 4) Image Validation, and 5) Dynamic. How can we set up the virtual service so that it can record more request/repose pairs and use them in its knowledge base? Thanks.
I think this might be what you're looking for.
From within the DevTest Console of your VSE, you can set the virtual service model behavior by ::
- Right-clicking on the deployed virtual service
- Select "Specify the Model Behavior" option from the contextual menu
- The "Specify Model Behavior" dialog opens. It looks like this ::
You can also create a new recording of the service with the transactions you need and then merge the 2 service images together.
Hopefully this helped,
I should've mentioned that this is using DevTest 8.1
Some important aspects for the Learning Mode is as follows -
- This feature was added in 8.0
- So this option will only show up on VS created and deployed 8.0 onwards
- If you are using a VS that was created prior to 8.x then the Learning Mode option will not show up
Let me know if you are outside of those last 2 bullets and yet don't see that option.