Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Send SOAP request after sending virtual service response

Posted Jan 05, 2016 08:51 AM

Hi,

I have a custom scenario in which once the virtual service sent a response to the inbound requests, a real web service should be called immediately. If we are adding a Raw Soap Request after Virtual HTTPS Responder and then pointing to Virtual HTTPS Listener Step, then the Raw SOAP Request step will execute first and virtual response will be send only after it. I want the reverse functionality. Is there any way to accomplish this in DevTest. Moreover I need to pass some values from the inbound requests of the virtual service to the Raw SOAP Request step.

Does adding a 'final step to execute' Companion work in virtual services and if so will it suffice the above requirement.

Thanks

Alex

• 2.  Re: Send SOAP request after sending virtual service response

Posted Jan 05, 2016 02:00 PM

If you have added the Raw Soap Request after the 'Virtual HTTPS Responder' Step and marked the Listener Step as Next step after Raw Soap Request, it should work fine as long as Listener Step is Set as the starter. Please let us know if this is how you have configured the flow.

• 3.  Re: Send SOAP request after sending virtual service response

Posted Jan 06, 2016 01:26 AM

If we are doing as you mentioned, then the SOAP request will be send before the virtual service respond. As I mentioned I need to send the SOAP request after the virtual service responded.