Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How to Integrate Selenium Script in DevTest

Posted Jan 11, 2016 07:05 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to DEVTest and i would like to integrate selenium script in my testcase.I'm able to upload my script in JSON file which was recorded using Selenium Builder,when i'm trying to run the script it's just invoking Firefox.Do i need to change or add anything Config files?Plz help me in this

• 2.  Re: How to Integrate Selenium Script in DevTest

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2016 09:18 AM

Firefox is the default browse at execution.

To choose another Browser you must setup a new property to point to either IE or Chrome.

Not sure what version of DevTest you are on, but we have documentation to help with this.  Please refer to the below links for help, this is showing DevTest 9.0.0:

Run a Selenium Integration Test Case - DevTest Solutions - 9.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

Selenium Integration Steps - DevTest Solutions - 9.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

Create and Export a Selenium Builder Recording - DevTest Solutions - 9.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

Export a Test Case with Selenium Test Steps to a JSON Script - DevTest Solutions - 9.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: How to Integrate Selenium Script in DevTest

Posted Mar 23, 2016 10:00 AM

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.

The tool just opens the Firefox and doesn't navigate it. Test then fails on first step (Get).

Any configuration is needed in order to make Selenium steps running on FF browser?

Thanks in advance for help.

BR,

Mariusz

• 4.  Re: How to Integrate Selenium Script in DevTest

Posted Mar 23, 2016 04:20 PM

What are your DevTest version and Firefox version? Older version of DevTest could have problem to support latest version of Firefox. There have been known issues that older Selenium library (bundled by DevTest) has trouble to work with newer Firefox due to Firefox changed its internal implementation.

• 5.  Re: How to Integrate Selenium Script in DevTest

Posted Mar 24, 2016 08:58 AM

I'm on DevTest v9.1 and FF 45.0.1. I'm having the same issue on both Windows 10 and Mac OS X El Capitan.

• 6.  Re: How to Integrate Selenium Script in DevTest

Posted Mar 24, 2016 02:13 PM

Hi Mariusz, it seems Firefox 45 does have issue with bundled Selenium library in DevTest 9.1. Can you open a defect for support? Meanwhile, can you downgrade your Firefox to pre-45 version, e.g. version 44 or 43, to get around the issue?

Thanks.

• 7.  Re: How to Integrate Selenium Script in DevTest

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2016 04:28 PM

I have been able to successfully test DevTest 9.1.0 with Firefox 43 and Selenium Builder 3.0.9. 

The Selenium jar files bundled with 9.1.0 are 2.48.

• 8.  Re: How to Integrate Selenium Script in DevTest

Posted Aug 02, 2016 03:42 PM

I have the same issue. I recommend you run the test in Chrome. Works for me. Follow the steps here.