Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Not writing to csv file when staging test

Posted Jan 13, 2016 03:03 PM

Did anyone tried staging a test case that has 'Write to Delimited File' and then noticed that its not writing to the file? I tried running the test case using ITR and it writes there. Any idea on where did it go wrong? Thanks

• 2.  Re: Not writing to csv file when staging test

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2016 03:29 PM

What Lisa/DevTest release is this?

• 3.  Re: Not writing to csv file when staging test

Posted Jan 15, 2016 03:21 PM

• 4.  Re: Not writing to csv file when staging test

Community Manager
    Posted Jan 20, 2016 01:54 PM

Ivan, were the team's suggestions helpful? Could you help us identify which bit of information addressed your need?

• 5.  Re: Not writing to csv file when staging test

Posted Jan 22, 2016 08:18 AM

Hi,

I also tried to generate .csv file via suite run but when the suite execution completed temporary project placed in Temp/lads folder gets deleted so I couldn't able to view the .csv file.Through ITR execution I am able to generate .csv file but facing issue with suite execution. Tried all those options mentioned above by team but getting same result.

Thanks,

Amit

• 6.  Re: Not writing to csv file when staging test

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2016 08:31 AM

The deletion of Temp/lads folder is as per design.

What is the location where you write your .csv file? As suggested by Kenneth_Avery & Deleted User above have you tried prefixing the path with {{lisa.tmpdir}} ?

• 7.  Re: Not writing to csv file when staging test
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 02, 2018 06:15 PM

When the test case is staged the file will be written on the Simulator server. Keep in mind that if you're trying to write to a file that is "relative" to the your project then that will probably not work because the folder will be deleted after execution. A workaround is to write it to an absolute path on the file system of where the Simulator is running.