Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I need to build a virtual service in a way that once we get a request we need to redirect to a webpage. Is this possible in devetest 8.0. If yes please help me with your solutions

• 1.  I need to build a virtual service in a way that once we get a request we need to redirect to a webpage. Is this possible in devetest 8.0. If yes please help me with your solutions

Posted Nov 17, 2015 09:34 AM

I need to build a virtual service in a way that once we get a request we need to redirect to a webpage. Is this possible in devetest 8.0. If yes please help me with your solutions

• 2.  Re: I need to build a virtual service in a way that once we get a request we need to redirect to a webpage. Is this possible in devetest 8.0. If yes please help me with your solutions

Posted Nov 17, 2015 09:58 AM

sorry, what do you mean 'redirect'.

send the request to a specific web page?   what happens when they interact with that web page?

I think the redirect is easy, you would build a vsi response that is the standard HTTP '302 'moved' message.

the service would then be out of the traffic flow

• 3.  Re: I need to build a virtual service in a way that once we get a request we need to redirect to a webpage. Is this possible in devetest 8.0. If yes please help me with your solutions

Posted Nov 17, 2015 10:44 AM

Thanks for your response.

When we get some request, the response that the service sends should be a html page i.e it should be a webpage for the user.

The response should be a html content.

the content is dynamic. We need to write some code to prepare the html content.

Kindly help me in this

• 4.  Re: I need to build a virtual service in a way that once we get a request we need to redirect to a webpage. Is this possible in devetest 8.0. If yes please help me with your solutions

Posted Nov 17, 2015 11:00 AM

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

you can do this a couple ways

1. if the content of the page that is user specific is smallish (<1/3 of the page content), then u could make a generic page with the user specific parts using DT variables.

then your script step (code) could set the variables needed (if you can't do this with one of the protocol filters)

2. if the content of the page that is user specific is large >1/2 the page, then I would create a generic page that uses ONE DT variable, and that variable contains ALL the html content,

and you script step (code) would build the html content and then set the one variable used by the VSI response.

(I use approach 2)

• 5.  Re: I need to build a virtual service in a way that once we get a request we need to redirect to a webpage. Is this possible in devetest 8.0. If yes please help me with your solutions

Posted Nov 17, 2015 11:21 AM

Thanks for your Quick response.

Will try these options and let me update the sequences.

Thanks,

Mohan