Service Virtualization

View Only

How to design RESTFul services for Testability - Seeking your Input

• 1.  How to design RESTFul services for Testability - Seeking your Input

Posted Nov 09, 2014 12:48 PM

The whole team is at CA World this week and today we listened to Arif_Muhammad present "What is API Testing and these "New REST APIs" creating the API economy and how do I validate?".   The session presented how we use JSON/P and other capabilities within CA Application Test and the new features are pretty powerful.  What I would like to focus on is "How to build RESTful APIs for Testability".  To that end we will be having a weekly blog/vlog on building for Testability - look for that starting next week.

There were many mistakes made in the SOA era around services which were functional but extremely hard to test - We would like to help you with guidance on making your transition to RESTful services much more fulfilling by focusing on the client interactions with APIs and how design considerations might increase the ability to test and also automate testability.

What I would like to know from you is - What are some of your lessons learned in designing for testability?  Share them here and we will address them in our "Improving Testability of REST APIs - Design View" sessions.