Test Data Manager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ARD for Find and Reserve

• 1.  ARD for Find and Reserve

Posted Apr 19, 2021 12:19 PM
    Hi Team,

Is there any way to apply find and reserve data functionality using Agile Requirements Designer?

Regards,

• 2.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2021 01:54 PM
    @Ashish Jaiswal     ARD can use the "classic" Find and Reserve to reserve data from the Test Match datapools.

​​

• 3.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Posted Apr 21, 2021 06:48 AM
    Hi Scott,

Thank you.

We have created the Test Match pool in Data Maker and through ARD we are able to locate the created Test Match using "Find System Data" and "Set Test Match" .

While saving to TDM Repository, do we need to create another pool and set it as ARD and save the above ARD flow or is there any other option?

Regards,

• 4.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2021 03:11 PM
    You would save the ARD model into a TDM project Data Group/Data Set that is of type Agile Designer

• 5.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Posted Apr 21, 2021 11:59 PM
    Hi Scott,

We have created 1 test case for test match and while executing it directly through datamaker, it is giving us proper result as per the defined test conditions in report.
    After saving it through ARD on Dataset, it is visible on Self Service catalog but after submission it is getting failed. We have already selected the "test conditions" in Set Test Match option. 
    Can you please assist.

Regards.

• 6.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2021 02:57 PM
    @Ashish Jaiswal  Is it possible to create a simple model / data test case to share with us that exhibits this behaivor?​

• 7.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Posted Apr 26, 2021 03:41 AM
    Hi Scott,

Below is the use case.

1. Table name account with column accoun_no (numeric 12), account_type (varchar 5)  with say 20 records
    2. Values for Account_type are Current and Savings.
    3. in Test Match create one test case in TestCase_Data_Criteria table with conditionWhere Account_Type='Savings'.

Please use above case and let know what changes I need to perform from my end.

Note: We are able to execute the test match which is showing proper results but with ARD, it is getting failed.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Project Lead
    Wipro Technologies

• 8.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Posted Apr 30, 2021 04:56 AM
    Hi Scott,
    As Ashish is on leave, so I'm following up on this thread for today, as he provided the use case, did you get a chance to look at the use case and analyze our issue.

Can you please provide some solution for this.

Thanks

• 9.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2021 04:45 PM
    Kran,  I've setup a Test Match find in ARD and exposed it as a Self Service tile.   It executed properly.   Could you forward the report that gets generated as a result of the Self Service?

• 10.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Posted May 04, 2021 02:16 AM
    @Scott Schmitz, we are not getting any reports generated as such using ARD (Self service tile), it is just showing as failed. Below is the response.

Summary of the child requests created for request ID 112824:

Request ID Type Status Source Scheduled Time Start Time End Time Status Message
    112825 TESTMATCH Failed Self-service 2021-05-04 00:08:47.0 2021-05-04 00:08:47.82 null null
    Do you have any case scenario built for it so that we can refer it on how it can be achieved using ARD and how it will look under Self service catalog. Can you please share.

Regards.
    ​​

Project Lead
    Wipro Technologies

• 11.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2021 10:27 AM
      |   view attached
    @Ashish Jaiswal  I'm attaching a full end-to-end setup document that can be used with the provided sample db.   I hope this is helpful to determine where your implementation needs to be refined.​

Attachment(s)

pdf
    TDM Classic Test Match.pdf   1.61 MB 1 version

• 12.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Posted May 05, 2021 05:45 AM
    Hi Scott,

Thank you for sharing the document, it was very useful.
    I am able to create and execute Self service Catalog tile successfully now. I had to create DSN-less connection for executing the test match otherwise it was throwing connection error.

Just more one input required, when I am submitting the request again, it is executing the previous Active tests as well. Is there any option to deselect it. If 2 testes are submitting requests then 2nd tester will get the data executed by 1st tester in the report. I have tried selecting "Clear down prior matches" from TDoD options as well.

Can you please assist here. Much Appreciated

Regards.

Project Lead
    Wipro Technologies

• 13.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2021 10:46 AM
    I see what you are saying.   You don't want visibility of other Testers to what data is reserved by others.    I'd recommend you open a Tech Support case indicating that the Test Match / Cleardown is not working.

• 14.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Posted Apr 27, 2021 01:12 PM
    Hi team,
    I need to automate some rest api through so for that I need to pass  as Body type for REST POST API call

• 15.  RE: ARD for Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2021 04:48 PM
    @evelina franco If this is still an issue, please open a new Thread and please explain if you are trying to use Javelin or something else.​