Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Install Portal

Posted Jun 09, 2020 10:54 AM
    ​Hi Broadcom Team,

While installing portal for the first time. On Orient DB dialog box, what is the default password , if the default id is Root?

Thank you,
    J

• 2.  RE: Install Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 11:21 AM
    Hi John, you are prompted at install-time to SET the password.

• 3.  RE: Install Portal

Posted Jun 09, 2020 02:31 PM
    Thank you Scott. Upgrade is completed. But I am getting error while opening Data maker.

Error description: Cannot connect using supplied values from parameter file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker\rep.xml"

Reason for that is because DBA has changed the password for the ID used for Data maker.

I can access the file which is in the error description but how can I encrypt the password before updating the file?

Thank you,
    J

• 4.  RE: Install Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 02:34 PM
    Hi,

Rename the file to OLD.rep.xml and it should be fine.

• 5.  RE: Install Portal

Posted Jun 09, 2020 02:39 PM
    I have the access to update the password so I guess rename is not required.
    What I mean is how can I encypt the password as the file uses encypted password.

Thanks,
    J

• 6.  RE: Install Portal

Posted Jun 09, 2020 02:46 PM
    Hi Manju,

Do you mean that I can rename this file to Old.rep and rerun the upgrade for the data maker and it will create new rep.xml file by its own?

Is that what you meant?

Thanks,
    J

• 7.  RE: Install Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 02:53 PM
    Hi John,

Yes, in TDM 4.9 , Repository upgrade is done through portal, so if you rename this file and upgrade the Datamaker, you should be able to  work with datamaker, You should be able to create rep.xml or rename it later after upgrade. 

Thanks and Regards