Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Speed of Portal

Posted Oct 15, 2019 11:21 AM
    Hello,

I have a DB2 Schema that has 1,200 tables. When we do the profiling it is slow do get the data back.

Any solution?

Thanks

Francois

• 2.  RE: Speed of Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2019 08:35 AM
    Hi Francois,

Are you specifying Basic or Advanced scan level?   Basic will be faster as it only looks for key relationships rather than data relationships.
    And what is your definition of slow?   How long does it take?

Scott

• 3.  RE: Speed of Portal

Posted Oct 16, 2019 01:41 PM
    I'm talking in the portal when you go in Data Model and see all of the table to go and select the TAG. It's slow when you try to see all of the table and it's slow when you go in a tile to get the button to show.
    Thanks
    Francois

• 4.  RE: Speed of Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2019 04:14 PM
    Edited by Scott Schmitz Oct 16, 2019 04:15 PM
    Ok, thanks for clarifying.   Working with 1,200 tables can take a bit for Portal to process.   As you mentioned tags, I believe your concern is on the PII audit results (heatmap) display.    Portal has multiple ways to filter the number of tables to a more reasonable number (and will make the responses faster).   Consider:

(1) Using the "Risk" slider to reduce the number of tables displayed (eliminating very low risk / Not PII in the example below) 
    Risk Slider

(2) Otherwise, if you know what table(s) you wish to work with, filter using the field entry:
    Field filter
    If this was not the area of the Data Model you were concerned with, please let me know.

• 5.  RE: Speed of Portal

Posted Oct 16, 2019 04:29 PM
    I would like the HEATMAP to be faster but I know that 1,200 tables can take some times. 

I'm more concern with the time it takes to have the button available when you select a Table (tile), It can take up to 30 sec to 1 minutes before we can access the option to add or remove some tags.

Thanks

Francois

• 6.  RE: Speed of Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 10:05 AM
    Could you try filtering at the heatmap level first, then select the tile?   I'm vaguely remembering that the filtering improved overall performance in an engagement when processing 2000+ tables.

• 7.  RE: Speed of Portal

Posted Oct 17, 2019 01:05 PM
    Hello,

It does not help.

Thanks

Francois

• 8.  RE: Speed of Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 02:01 PM
    What version of the portal are you on?   (Click the "about" link bottom left of the Portal Window).   Am asking as I just did a test with a 1300 table schema.   In TDM v4.7 it was 41 seconds to display the tags, but with TDM v4.8.1 (latest patch 4.8.124.0) it took about 4 seconds (on a somewhat faster system).