Test Data Manager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

• 1.  unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Posted Sep 05, 2019 03:53 AM
      |   view attached
    ​Hi Team,

I have installed latest version of CA TDM i.e. 4.8 and also configured the GTREP repository, when I am trying to connect with the datamaker its showing attached error message. could you please help me on this. note: TDOD portal is also running fine. Thanks,

Regards,
    -Nitin Dixit

• 2.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 03:58 AM
    Hi Nitin,

There is change in repository table creation from TDM 4.8. You need to install TDM portal and configure repository details during installation to create back-end repository tables. Once portal installation complete, you can launch datamaker. 

Thanks & Regards
    Srikanth

• 3.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Posted Sep 05, 2019 05:15 AM
    Hi Srkanth,

Thanks for the quick response, I have installed the TDM portal as well and its up and running but still this data maker issue is not resolved.

Regards

• 4.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 07:12 AM
    HI Nitin,

Check the Portal Startup log and see if there are any entries showing where the gtrep database repository tables were installed and configured. You may need to uninstall and reinstall in the correct order. As Srikanth stated, the Portal needs to be installed before the rest of the TDM components, since it now configures the gtrep repository tables.

Regards,
    Brad

• 5.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Posted Sep 05, 2019 07:14 AM
    okay thanks,

will uninstall and install it again. ​

• 6.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Posted Sep 06, 2019 03:25 AM
    ​Hi Bradley/Srikanth,

As per the previous conversation, I have uninstallled the TDM portal and other component and reinstalled the same in suggested order like
    "As Srikanth stated, the Portal needs to be installed before the rest of the TDM components, since it now configures the gtrep repository tables."

But that issue persist and I am unable to run the datamaker. please suggest. Thanks

• 7.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2019 03:29 AM
    After doing the reinstall...does the Portal come successfully?  Are you able to login and move about the different screens.  Maybe as a test, can you create a connection profile?

• 8.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2019 03:32 AM
    Hi Nitin,
       Are you able to launch portal and getting an error while using Datamaker?

Thanks
    Srikanth

• 9.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Posted Sep 06, 2019 03:51 AM
    ​hi,

yes o am able to build the connection through Portal, only data maker is creating issue.

• 10.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2019 05:07 AM
    if datamaker cannot query gtrep_system table then you get the error.

check outside TDM about status of table gtrep_system

is the repo schema owned by dbo ?

change the repo connection profile 

Regards, Dahman

• 11.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Posted Sep 06, 2019 05:35 AM
    ​Hi Zahrir,

yes, gtrep repo has been owned by dbo and I ab able to run the select query (most of the columns are "NULL") and also I have given full access to gtrep user(using SQL server 2016 enterprise edition 64 bit). but still this issue is coming. please help.

• 12.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2019 02:46 PM
    Hi,

you can enable sql server profiler and reproduce the problem.
    You will see which query the application is trying to run and failing

Regards, Dahman

• 13.  RE: unable to start Datamaker as its showing "DataMaker test data repository tables wer not found"

Posted Sep 06, 2019 06:28 AM
    ​Hi All,

Thanks for the support.

Issue has been resolved after changing the default database to "gtrep". Thanks again.

Regards,
    -Nitin Dixit
    f5 network