Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Docker Image Installation query

Posted Feb 05, 2019 05:49 AM

Hello,

We are exploring Docker option for our TDM cloud solution. With respect to Installation, we are facing two Issues ( Connectivity and File system space) and would like to get clarify our doubts related to these Issues in the community assuming I would be getting answers as many have started exploring docker options.

We’ve downloaded the “CA TEST DATA MANAGER PORTAL FOR DOCKER (IMAGE KIT) 4.7 GEN500000000002097.zip” image and tried to build the image locally.

During the build time, it failed due to space issues and also connectivity issues.

• Connectivity issue:

docker compose files are attempting to download the files from the ca site. We will need a clarify on the java source path. Is this a valid path? Even we are unable to access it from our PC.

http://isl-dsdc.ca.com/artifactory/maven-third-party-local/jre/jre-linux-x64/1.8.0_172/jre-8u172-linux-x64.tar.gz

• Disk space Error:

It failed due to space issues. Ubuntu image seems like consuming space . Being aware of how much exact space it need, we can fix the space issue by increasing the file system space. If some one can tell the exact space it requires will be good.

Thanks, and Regards

Vijaya Rudhran

Aviva - TDM Team

• 2.  Re: Docker Image Installation query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 06:19 AM

Hi,

Are you still having issues with your docker deployment?

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Docker Image Installation query

Posted Feb 12, 2019 06:21 AM

Aviva: Public

Yes Keith,

We still have Issues with Docker Installation.

Thanks, and Regards

Vijaya Rudhran

This message has been classified Public on 12 February 2019 at 11:20:31.

• 4.  Re: Docker Image Installation query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 09:58 AM

Hi,

On the CA support download site the package "CA TEST DATA MANAGER PORTAL FOR DOCKER (IMAGE BUNDLE) 4.7  GEN500000000002098.zip" contains the pre-built images. i have deployed the images to my test system and the screenshot below shows the sizesis this the information you are looking for?

Regards

Keith

• 5.  Re: Docker Image Installation query

Posted Feb 12, 2019 10:35 AM

Aviva: Public

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your proactive reply on the question posted in the community. Yes, in terms of size/space required for installation the shared Image file might be helpful.

I will pass the message to the respective person who are working on it. Will post our comment back.

Thanks, and Regards

Vijaya Rudhran

This message has been classified Public on 12 February 2019 at 15:34:34.