Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Issue creating connection profiles in CA TDM Portal

Posted Oct 29, 2018 02:44 PM

Hi Team,

I have an issue creating the connection profiles under CA Test data portal manager(4.5). Referred to the other discussion thread on the same topic but those are having different context. Am getting the error: 

CA Test Data Manager Portal

Failed to connect.

The server replied: Could not get JDBC Connection; Cannot open database "" requested by the login. The login failed. ClientConnectionId:
    Please let me if there is a known solution for this problem. I have the connection profiles created and working in GT Datamaker. But the same is not working from CA Test data manager portal. Kindly help.
    Thanks
    Sethu

• 2.  Re: Issue creating connection profiles in CA TDM Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2018 11:27 AM

Hi Sethu,

Make sure you have the appropriate JDBC drivers downloaded and placed in the proper folder:

C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\tomcat\jdbc-drivers

• 3.  Re: Issue creating connection profiles in CA TDM Portal

Posted Nov 01, 2018 10:38 AM

Thank you Ryan. I followed your instructions and copied all the jar files into C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\tomcat\jdbc-drivers. After this, am not able to see even the homepage(am seeing just the loading icon). Not sure am missing something. Kindly help.

Thanks

Sethu

• 4.  Re: Issue creating connection profiles in CA TDM Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 04:49 PM

Hi Sethu,

It's sounding like this might be your issue.  Please review the link below and let us know if this works:

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/portal-install--upgrade-fails-when-using-integrated-authentication/kb000110888

• 5.  Re: Issue creating connection profiles in CA TDM Portal

Posted Nov 07, 2018 02:13 PM

It didn't worked out Ryan. I now removed all the JDBC jar files again which atleast allowed me to login to portal with the exception of validating the connection profiles. But the strange thing is, I checked the option to integrated windows authentication. But the exception is something like the below.

" CA Test Data Manager Portal     

The server replied: Could not get JDBC Connection; Login failed for user '<mydomain>\<mymachinename>$'. ClientConnectionId:some guid()
    Ideally the exception should have been like login failed for user '<mydomain>\<myusername>$'. Couldn't narrow down any further.
    Once again thank you for the time and effort in helping me resolving this issue.
    Thanks
    Sethu

• 6.  Re: Issue creating connection profiles in CA TDM Portal

Posted Jan 09, 2019 01:58 PM

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for looking into this issue. It was found to be the issue with the version mismatch between the CA TDM version and the portal. Received a patch and applied. Also started the Portal service using the service account which has got the access to database, which helped resolving the issue.

Once again thanks Kenneth_Avery for all the help!!

Thanks

Sethu

• 7.  RE: Re: Issue creating connection profiles in CA TDM Portal

Posted Jul 29, 2020 11:02 AM

Hi Sethupandian,

Good day,

I have the same issue with Azure Portal, can you please let me know how did you fix the issue ?

Thanks.