Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  HP ALM Integration for Test Match.

Posted Dec 26, 2017 11:44 AM

Is there a way to automate the execution of a test match directly from ALM?

What we're trying to accomplish is to create a test case and once is in ALM it would launch a call to TDM Portal or a DM API, run the match look for the data needed for the TC and attach it to the TC in ALM if there is any matching data.

I hope it is possible to do it since we are trying to accomplish full Test Case automation.

Regards,

Felipe A. Hernandez.

• 2.  Re: HP ALM Integration for Test Match.

Posted Dec 27, 2017 08:52 AM

Hi Felipe, 

I have not seen this done before, so I am unsure if it is possible. We will research this issue for you. 

Best regards,

Taylor

dovle01

• 3.  Re: HP ALM Integration for Test Match.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2017 12:40 PM

Hi Felipe,

The only way that I can think of trying to marry the two or three products is Javelin.  It would seem that if you can break everything down to scripts, you will be able to them use Javelin to orchestrate the movement of data/processes between the various products in an automated headless fashion. 

Here is a start for documentation lookups:

Using Javelin Programs in CA TDM Portal

Javelin in Batch Mode

Javelin Example: Using Selenium Actions

I see you have open a case for this request for information also.  Since we have the Community looking at this request and Development also engaged, I will update both.  If you find that the Javelin approach is the correct path, please elaborate on how you scripted the flow so others will also be able to create a similar environment.

Cheers!
    Les